AV Senior Planner - TUI, KR Media, Vauxhall, Bayer
MediaCom – AV Senior Planner – TUI, KR Media, Vauxhall, Bayer
Overview of job
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst MediaCom London has recently been named the Number 1 agency in the world in the 2018 Gunn 100 report.
The role is for an implementational AV Planner within a wider planning and buying team at MediaCom. The role involves working closely with the Communications Planning team who own the client relationship and develop the audience insight and strategic planning work. The successful candidate will also work closely with the buying and commercial team at MediaCom ensuring that we are delivering against the commercial requirements for clients.
As part of the AV planning team, you will be a vital part of the system thinking at the agency, which leads our planning process. Understanding and developing AV and the latest technologies is fundamental to us delivering brilliant work for our clients and is behind much of our award-winning work. You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media to formulate a connected response.
Reporting of the role
The AV Senior Planner will work across some large accounts including TUI, Vauxhall, Bayer and KR Media (our luxury brand agency within an agency), reporting into the AV Manager. The work will be best in class, driving innovation and understanding how AV complements and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
Working on some of the biggest pieces of business at MediaCom, this role represents an incredible opportunity for an individual to shine.
The nature of the work will mean exposure to a wide range of brand building activity, planning across the breadth of AV channels, including fully integrated TV partnerships, building an understanding of how TV and digital work together.
The role offers the opportunity to work closely with other media specialists and our MBA team to develop award winning solutions with clear measurement and outcomes. There are plenty of challenges facing the business, meaning a very real opportunity to make a genuine difference.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on several prestigious global clients
- You will be part of a wider AV planning team with best in class implementation at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media to ensure joined up thinking.
- Our clients are looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success –
In 3-6 months, you would have:
- A good understanding of Mediacom’s planning tools and data points and be able use them effectively to build rationale
- Developed strong AV + radio planning skills
- Working in a multi-media team to deliver connected responses and present back to the client
In 12 months, you would have:
- Responsibility and autonomy to deliver AV + radio responses on your clients with minimal involvement from your manager or AD.
- Developed strong client relationships and attend external meetings without more senior AV presence
- Have a good understanding of other media and the role of AV in the connected system
What you will need:
- We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic AV planner
- They should have experience planning across TV and VOD. Radio and Cinema planning would also benefit the candidate.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the opportunities that come from AV, data and technology.
- They will be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Coca-Cola, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en