Digital Activation Executive
Are you looking to get into the world of digital media?
We have the perfect entry level position and have designed a unique opportunity to kick start your career in advertising.
Not only will this role expose you to clients with some of the best-known household brand names, as well as a diverse range of media channels, but you’ll also work under the guidance of some of the smartest people working in digital.
As you grow in the role, building a solid foundation of media knowledge (that will serve you for your entire career), you’ll be able to specialise in the area you most enjoy.
You’ll be integral to achieving client goals in one of our digital specialist teams - in either Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic, SEO or Display. This will see you developing and optimising digital activities as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
At this stage, you don’t need to have a deep understanding of media or advertising, we’re looking for smart, numbers-driven and friendly individuals with potential to become our stars of the future.
What you will need, is a good attitude, a real interest in advertising and digital, and experience studying or working in a fast-paced and intellectually challenging environment.
We are GroupM Services and we’re obsessed with digital media.
We are the activation experts at GroupM with our core in digital and data-driven services.
We are GroupM’s world class activation services team, applying next era media techniques and technologies to drive sustained client advantage and innovation.
We embrace collaboration in everything we do – from working with external partners & incubating new services in our group to being part of the Agency offering to clients and everything in between.
Our adaptive approach and the way we collaborate with different groups is something we’re proud of, not only amongst ourselves, but also with our Agencies, GroupM Data & Technology, GroupM Investment, and overall within the larger WPP community.
We also work with some of the world’s most innovative brands.
That is why our relationships are some of the longest standing in the industry. We partner with global, and UK businesses including Adidas, Rebook, Sony, Playstation, Paramount Pictures, Chanel, KFC and many more.
Working at GroupM Services gives you access to opportunities and professional development across practice area centers of excellence, agencies, clients, and geographies.
A world class team
We bring various specialists together to form one world class team, who operate in the following centres of excellence:
- Display/Programmatic and
These core digital activation teams (we call them practice squads), operate from within the five GroupM agencies:
- Essence and
We are digital experts in the world of media and part of the world’s largest communications company WPP.
- Analytical, with the ability to identify trends within data sets.
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- A natural and effective communicator, who can explain your ideas clearly and get people onboard with good, reasoned arguments.
- A team player.
- Good with numbers and interested in data.
- Full of ambition, can-do attitude and the desire to grow and achieve.
- You’ll be able to give some examples of where you’ve used large datasets.
- You’ll have used basic features of PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel (e.g. Creating and formatting presentations, sorting and filtering data, creating graphs and tables).
- If you have any programming or coding knowledge, that would be beneficial, but not essential.
What will you do?
The kind of work you’ll be doing will vary day-to-day, but will include:
- Completing daily performance checks, to ensure campaigns are running effectively and within budget.
- Learning to identify and act upon budget optimisation requirements.
- Learning how digital campaigns are tracked and measured across different channels.
- Understanding what your client’s key performance indicators (KPI) are and how to monitor these.
- Understanding the role audiences play with digital media targeting and campaign optimisation.
- Becoming confident in how to set up digital campaigns, including structure, ad copywriting and keyword research.
- Identifying the optimisation levers available to improve digital performance to meet your client’s KPIs.
- Understanding the approach to preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief.
- Delivering client reporting and analysing campaign results with a view to developing actionable insights.
- Working with media owners such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other key ad tech suppliers to receive support with running digital campaigns.
- Completing the necessary specialist qualifications, e.g. Google Search Fundamentals and Advanced exams
The benefits that we offer as part of the GroupM and WPP network, are incredibly comprehensive, so you’ll have plenty to choose from. There are too many to list but here’s a taster:
We also have a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.