International Senior Planner
International Senior Planner
Department / Team
International Business Director
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About the team and/or client
For Hotels.com we are the central hub that leads the media planning and buying business across Europe. We are an extension of the global Hotels.com which is lead out of the MediaCom New York Office.
We also sit with and alongside the Reebok Europe Hub team which has a similar operating model overseeing planning and buying across Europe for Reebok. So we will be part of a wider team that will allow us to create a fun culture and share ideas and learnings from across categories.
The Role Objective
The Senior Planner will report into the Comms Planner and will be a key client and hub contact responsible for overseeing the workflows of the local markets and keeping the wider team and client informed of progress and any challenges.
While project managing media campaigns and reporting is a big part of the Senior Planners role, there are also a few other elements of the role that are important:
The Primary roles are:
To work closely with the Business Director on delivering the following:
– Consolidation and analysis of relevant Europe information – consumer insights, competitive strategies, brand tracking, media research, target audience segmentation against relevant touch points
– Creative, collating or distributing market trends or opportunities that will go to clients
– Manage process with briefing local teams, providing strategic guidance, client sell-in/approval, post campaign analysis and competitive reporting
– Champion Regional Strategy across the Network – provide guidance on Regional Strategy implementation to local Mediacom teams.
– Promote innovative media solutions in line with the evolving media landscape - advocating the importance of Digital & Innovation.
– Liaise with the clients/creative agencies and other stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met and ensuring a smooth process during campaign planning
– Take findings and translate into insights, and case studies to facilitate knowledge sharing
– Play a key role in the migration to regional systems (as and when they become applicable)
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Expected 2-3 step process in order to get the opportunity to meet the team.
There will be at least 2 interviews: