Account Planner – Tesco Mobile & Indeed
Overview of role
We’re looking for a Planner to join our comms planning team on the Tesco Mobile and Indeed accounts. This role will help Tesco Mobile show families their incomparable value, quality coverage and phones, and unrivalled customer service.
For Indeed, you will develop media plans that improve their perception amongst job-seekers, especially the ever-important 18–34-year-old group. Indeed is an important account being one of MediaCom’s fastest growing global clients in terms of revenue. And Tesco continues to lead the way with award-winning work within the MediaCom UK agency
Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging including account-management, mining through research, both brand & outcome-based planning, and working with specialists to ensure implementation excellence. You’ll have exposure to senior clients, our central MediaCom team in the US, and all key MediaCom UK contacts.
Reporting of the role
You will report into the Account Manager on the account.
3 best things about the job
- The people – you’ll work in a high performing, creative and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences to learn from.
- The work – you’ll be continually encouraged and challenged to deliver best in class quality work, consisting of both short and long-term planning across brand and performance campaigns, with both clients keen to do things differently in 2022.
- Your development – we’ll support your career development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from the most senior members of the agency.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Onboarded fully on to the account and met all the key stakeholders
- An established working relationship with your Account Manager, peers & investment teams.
- Recognised as a go-to source of energy and insight in the team
In six months, you would have:
- Support the development of exceptional, award-winning planning work
- Detail orientated and organised, managing reporting and finance autonomously
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been able to show evidence of you evolving the media plan – a combination of curiosity, bravery and evidence has led you to suggest new media tests (and have them signed off by your clients).
Responsibilities of the role
- Mining through research and results to uncover insight and implications
- Continually learning about better planning and rigorous measurement frameworks
- Brilliant Basics: involved in status meetings and project manage your workstreams
- Ensure detail, accuracy and quality of all deliverables i.e. Quality Assurance
What you will need
- Media planning knowledge and curiosity (as well as a curiosity to understand consumers & people)
- An enthusiastic, and collaborative nature
- Strong organisation – you’re not afraid to push things on if delays occur
- The ability to be proactive and unafraid to share opinions
- The know-how to look at a wide set of sources for evidence
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*