Global Business Development Manager
MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, GLOBAL
Reporting to: EMEA Head of Business Development
This role is integral to the growth of our business globally. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and dynamic, and offers the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom worldwide. This role sits at the heart of our global business development activity, fuelling prospecting efforts, managing global and regional pitches and supporting game-changing local new business pitches across our markets. The ideal candidate is hungry, brave and focused and able to collaborate proactively with stakeholders in the organisation regardless of seniority and drive the best possible outcome on every pitch.
Behavioural traits: Hungry. Brave. Focused. Resourceful. Collaborative. Calm. Quick. Curious.
- Manage global pitch process to the highest level of operational discipline, ensuring deliverables are met on time, engaging with senior stakeholders when needed and always ready to solve any problem with the right energy and hunger – and supporting game changing local pitches
- Contribute to elevating the work in markets to be Best in Class, by being proactive and resourceful
- Collaborate across functions to bring the best of MediaCom in pitches
- Support active prospecting globally & locally, establishing good momentum and a sense of ownership in the markets
More specifically the responsibilities include:
- Support the execution of MediaCom’s prospecting agenda globally and with key markets, contributing to the overall strategy by identifying opportunities and innovative ways to connect
- Manage the delivery of high-calibre RFIs, RFPs, pitch presentations and all pitch collateral, with a keen eye for detail, sharp editing skills and a creative flair to oversee the design and production pitch theatre
- Seamless pitch project management covering all aspects from kick off to close, building and governing workstreams to ensure all deadlines are met and work is of the highest possible standard (sometimes in cooperation with other GroupM or WPP agencies)
- Contribute to and drive adoption of the pitch WIN Process
- Establish strong professional relationships with peers across the organisation, including managing our global community network
- Close collaboration with new business regional peers with a focus on EMEA
- Collaborate as needed with new business peers at GroupM and other GroupM/WPP agencies
- Contribute to all new business reporting internally and externally to WPP, COMvergence, R3, AdAge
Required Skills and Experience
- Comfortable working with and approaching people regardless of seniority to get the job done
- Operational discipline to run a process, work independently and deliver quality work without missing a single deadline
- Ability to work well with ambiguity and have quick problem-solving skills
- A hunger to always learn and continuously improve
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to anticipate project needs and discern work priorities
- Positive attitude, a calm head and solution-focused, especially during challenging circumstances
- Passion and drive for providing an exceptional product and experiences
- Driven and competitive with a collaborative and compassionate approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong writing skills with the ability to see the simple in the complex
This role may involve regular travel worldwide and candidates should therefore expect to travel as part of this role.
Marketing & Media experience is desirable, strong Project Management skills a must. Ideally you will be a New Business Manager in another agency looking to make the move to media, or an exceptional Executive ready to step up.