Implementational OOH Planner
Overview of role
The role sits within the multi-media implementation planning at MediaCom, working across several exciting brands. An OOH Planner uses the industry and media specific insight tools, Investment, and media owner knowledge to build implementational OOH plans. OOH Planners need to have strong media owner relationships, good communication skills, as well as the ability to deliver a solid implementational strategy. A successful OOH Planner can handle the day to day running of the account, liaising with the Associate Director to manage all incoming requests and response to briefs so developing a trusted relationship with the client’s media and marketing team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the OOH Associate Director across Lloyds Banking Group, Coca-Cola, Nuffield and Uber.
3 best things about the job
1 The opportunity to work on some of the biggest accounts at MediaCom
2 You will be part of a 'full service' team with media at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with several other specialists across advertising, PR, and events etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
3 The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships internally with Planning, Kinetic and other MediaCom departments including Creative Systems.
- Started to build strong relationships with day-to-day clients and working closely with the wider MediaCom teams
- Delivered brilliant basics in OOH implementational planning
In six months, you would have:
- Liaised and worked closely with Kinetic to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response
- Built strong relationships with media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
- Developed a good grasp of the key accounts
In 12 months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your client team and started to gain their trust in your media expertise and recommendation
- Be planning and managing the implementation of your own OOH campaigns
- Taken ownership of the execution or the management of most day-to-day tasks on the account.
- An understanding of automated OOH trading and how it works
Responsibilities of the role
- Develop relationships with day-to-day clients and internally with other departments
- Maintain strong relationships with media owners
- Ensure that you are delivering brilliant basics in OOH implementational planning
- Work closely with Kinetic to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response
- Take ownership of campaign briefs and, with the support of the Associate Director, develop the OOH strategy, produce implementational plans, as well as manage the implementation and reporting at the end of the campaign.
- Work closely with the OOH team on the day-to-day output across key clients
- Meetings and conference calls with Planners and clients
- Present recommendations and post campaign analysis to senior clients
- Work on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions
- Proactively look for new and interesting media opportunities, as well as ways to improve our media activity.
- Work closely with Kinetic to deliver clients buying targets
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions. They will be a competent OOH planner, with a strong strategic and outcome-based planning skills as well as a capacity to build and maintain great client relationships.
- Experience in an OOH planning role
- Experience of digital and trafficking
- Interest and enthusiasm for working across a varied client portfolio
- Basic multi-media understanding
- Developing strategic skills
- Knowledge of industry media planning tools (all media e.g., Route and TGI)
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions
- Good communicator
- Natural curiosity
- Ability to think creatively and put forward new and exciting media opportunities to clients
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process
- Great communication skills: You will be required to present to senior clients regularly.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*