Paid Social Associate Director - PSA
Paid Social Associate Director - Mars + LVMH
Overview of job
We’re looking for a natural leader who wants to step up and make a difference! We need an experienced Social Media Marketer who can help run a large and fast moving team across multiple client verticals with some of the largest UK brands, operating with the largest UK budgets. You would need to lead a team of advanced, specialist Paid Social buyers who are at the forefront of the industry, managing sophisticated and complex client portfolios who would be relying on you to drive success across a variety of key business goals.
3 best things about the job:
1. You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe social and whose comradery is contagious! 2. You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market social media products and platforms. 3. You’ll be at the coalface collaborating directly with media owners, creative agencies and our clients. 4. You’ll be playing a significant and hands on part in the shaping of this relatively new team, helping it grow and constantly improve.
Measures of success:
1. Established as a senior leadership figure within the Paid Social department and wider business.
Whilst some teams won’t directly report into this role, we operate a systems not silo behavioural culture at MediaCom and what benefits one team should benefit all. The Associate Director will be expected to share best in class work, process and approaches across the wider virtual team, improving overall standards and output and ultimately act as the ‘go to’ person if the Head of Paid Social is unavailable.
2. Leading & driving key account social strategies.
Across specific key accounts, the Associate Director would act as the senior point of contact for internal & external stakeholders, ultimately responsible for the team delivering the campaign, but also the key strategic requests and wider projects across measurement, data, brand safety and technology to name a few.
3. Identified areas of improvement from a process, product, commercial or people perspective
At MediaCom, we want passionate, inspiring people in our teams who want to make a difference. If something isn’t working or can be improved, we want to know and do something about it. The Associate Director would need a pro-active approach to leading this and ensuring delivery.
4. Operationally strong from a team management perspective.
Paid Social is our fastest growing media channel and with more and more media partners entering the space, we need robust training and people management processes in place to form the foundation of our team. The Associate Director would be instrumental in managing this area; supporting the Head of Paid Social in the shaping and future-proofing of the team and bringing together the virtual team of people around the agency working in this space.
In three months, you would have:
▪ Identified key strategic opportunities for all clients within portfolio and put in place plans to deliver across their key business goals. ▪ Reviewed the client’s current KPIs, measurement roadmap and test & learn matrix with a plan to roll out new or amended strategies for these in the following months. ▪ Made your mark on the wider Paid Social team by implementing improvements to existing account management processes and/or campaign delivery. ▪ Be fully integrated within internal Planning team & media owner relationships across key accounts, leading strategy and any bespoke, additional projects which help our clients deliver market leading campaigns.
What you will need:
▪ To be passionate about all things social! ▪ Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude. ▪ Strong client services skills. ▪ Strong project management skills. ▪ You will have managed large budgets and you feel at ease with the pace and scale of a large agency. ▪ You have a natural aptitude towards implementing measurement and defining social strategies. ▪ You understand how to take an account on complex strategic journeys. ▪ You have strong inter-agency relationship management skills. ▪ You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team, but also wants to lead a team. ▪ You will be willing to muck in and get your hands dirty, supporting more junior team members on challenging optimisation strategies. ▪ Be able to lead relationships with 3rd party technology and media companies. ▪ You will be ready and able to jump into pitch scenarios, working on new business strategies as and when required, dealing with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Point to note: This role is initially Paid Social only, but should the right candidate have the skills and appetite, there will be an opportunity to diversify and/or broaden the remit to encompass additional Digital channels in the short to medium term.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Coca Cola and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2017 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en