Technology Engineer - Multiple Clients
MediaCom – TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER
Overview of job
Working within the technology team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. You will also be responsible for supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Technology Associate Director: -
3 best things about the job:
Opportunity to constantly learn on the job
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end trafficking process for a couple of key clients
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team
In six months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end campaign process from planning to tag delivery
- Taken on several simpler trouble-shooting tasks
In 12 months, you would have:
- Started managing your own clients, full end-to-end process and dealing with all issues
- Started contributing to wider business projects, outside of the day-to-day
Responsibilities of the role:
- To ensure efficient implementation of ad serving, web analytics, behavioural targeting and other optimisation technologies in the execution of digital advertising.
- To be responsible for the implementing of campaigns in DCM or any other named 3rd party ad-server.
- To be able to test and install publisher pixels.
- To load creative according to specifications.
- To be able to manage workload in the Inbox ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on what is being delivered.
- Integrating and maintaining the various tracking systems used for campaigns.
Client Account Management:
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively either via conference call, email or face to face
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical
- Work on using a variety of technologies to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
- Support the senior members of the team with problem solving, operating a test and learning process to regularly improve the information produced.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and suggest solutions to fix.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- This team works alongside the Data team to ensure that all relevant information being captured can be included within our Data Dashboards.
- Actively leverage technology to deliver efficiencies, and provide Clients with relevant and timely information.
What you will need:
- At least 12 months ad ops or trafficking experience in a similar role
- An aptitude and liking for technology
- Strong problem solver who is always keen to find a “better way”
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage expectations
- Able to develop relationships with internal team members.
- Desire to learn and be part of a dynamic growing team.
- Keen eye for finding where efficiencies can be made.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom