Digital Manager (GMS)
Overview of job
Responsible for leading the day-to-day planning, strategy, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver client growth, and meeting efficiency targets.
The Digital Manager will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have advanced knowledge of all digital channels (PPC, Paid Social, Display, Online Video) and how they contribute to business objectives.
Reporting of the role
The role will report into the Digital Associate Director, with the team being overseen by a Digital Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The client: the opportunity to work on market leading brands within the retail and financial services space.
- The team: a multicultural, talented, award-winning team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns and has fun along the way.
- Your development: we’ll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Understood the client’s business and growth targets, and how digital channels contributes to this.
- Proven to be the day to day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
In six months, you would have:
- Delivered on short- and long-term projects to develop the digital account and improve performance.
- Establish a Test & Learn innovation framework.
- Worked closely with Senior PPC and Paid Social account managers cross market to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained a complete understanding of the clients’ business and their needs and have the ability to shape digital strategy in line with it, whilst not forgetting industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the clients’ teams, providing added value for digital channels and beyond.
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports and peers alike.
Responsibilities of the role:
Digital Planning and Campaign management expertise
- In-depth digital planning and campaign management expertise
- Strong direct response campaign experience i.e. working towards a strict cost per conversion target
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets may change
- A strong understanding of other media channels and how it works in conjunction
- Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
- Collaborate across different markets to deliver digital performance campaigns
- Strong reporting acumen with the ability to pull reports together and suggest optimisations to further enhance performance
- Collaborate with the Digital Associate Director on innovative digital strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
- Oversee the workflow management and training for direct reports.
- Share learnings and best practice with the wider digital community of 50 across 7 Business Groups.
External and Internal Communication
- Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media partners and internal teams
- Ability to simplify the complex and reassuring clients on the intricacies of what we do
- Presentations of response to briefs and post campaign analysis reports.
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Analytics 360.
- Knowledge of SimilarWeb, comScore, Google Ads Reach Planner
- Knowledge of Google Campaign Manager and trafficking processes
What you will need:
The role requires a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a passion for Digital Media who can think on their feet and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Comprehensive experience working in digital at a media agency/media owner/client side
- Advanced understanding of digital principles (both DR & performance), paid social, partnerships, paid search, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the evolving programmatic landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video.
- Strong knowledge of multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and adserving (Hand On Experience is preferential)
- Experience working with ad tech solutions to drive audience segmentation and reporting. Complete understanding of the full CRM process and how 1st party data is collected and used to fuel campaigns
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Proven offline understanding, training, and ability to build cross channel strategies
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. In addition to LBG its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Direct Line Group, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
In June 2018 Mediacom went through a restructure that resulted in the agency being put into seven Business Units made up of billings between £100m-£250m, consisting of a mix of different sized accounts. Within these Business Units there are a range of teams from buying (marketplace), implementation planning (connect) and planning. This reorganisation has helped to improve service to clients by becoming more agile and integrated, made it easier for everyone to do their jobs and has given people more opportunity to learn different skills and grow their career. This role sits in Business Unit 7, headed up by one of the Managing Partners, Mark Wallace.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report. MediaCom also won Agency of the Year at the Media Week Awards 2018.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en