Barista and General Assistant
Barista and General Assistant
Meet and Eat
Overview of job
We are searching for an experienced and energetic Barista / General Assistant to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, is passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoys working with people. The Barista plays a key role in our energetic team of food and beverage enthusiasts who are driven to provide excellent customer service. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a fun atmosphere where both customers and employees have a great experience that’s welcoming and engaging.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Meet & Eat Manager
3 best things about the job:
- Working as part of a motivated team.
- Ability to suggest ways to enhance your environment
- Building strong relationships, being able to make a difference to people’s day
Measures of success –
You will have built strong working relationships within your direct team and Facilities as a whole
Guests will know you by name and you will be able to recall their orders
The coffee and customer service you provide will be of an exceptional standard even under pressure
In three months, you would have:
- Start to recognise regular customers and know their orders
- Adhere to and be compliant on all process and procedures on how food is prepared and presented
- Till trained, competent on systems, processes and procedures involved in handling cash
In six months, you would have:
- Compliant in being a key holder without being supervised
- Maintain any in-house training in line with any documentation related to Food and Beverages legislation
In 12 months, you would have:
- Assisted in any external audits that may take place
- Be confident to manage the team if called upon
Responsibilities of the role:
- Make and serve specialty coffee and tea beverages
- Receiving and making food orders
- Adhere to recipes and presentations for food and beverage items
- Operate the till and cash handling
- Speak and interact with both new and regular customers
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work station
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- Be punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance
- Contribute to a positive team environment
What you will need:
- At least 1+ year in the coffee service industry
- 2+ years in the customer service industry
- Health and Safety level 2
- Experienced and comfortable with working busy shifts
- Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service
- Tidy and self-disciplined
- Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en