Planning Associate Director
Our Planning and Client Services teams are the lynchpin within the agency. They support our clients through attentive client servicing and specialist knowledge, they build honest and open relationships whilst always striving to work in the most collaborative way, whether with colleagues and other internal teams or externally.
It’s an exciting time to be joining MediaCom Birmingham - due to a number of recent successful pitch wins we have new and exciting opportunities in our Planning and Management team, and are looking at expanding the talent pool to help deliver best in class client support and outputs. We’re looking for a Planning Associate Director to support this growth and are interested in someone who is insight and data driven and can effectively communicate media plans and strategies to clients. Our clients require comms planning as well as media planning, so an understanding of consumer behaviours and how it translates to media would be required.
Our Associate Directors are responsible, alongside their BD for delivering the strategic growth and overseeing the day to day running of client business at a senior level and are responsible for using high levels of initiative to execute strategies, whilst building strong business relationships. You will also be responsible for the day to day running of a team of 4, a mix of managers and execs.
At Mediacom we have a hybrid working approach, with a mix of office working – in our wonderful central Birmingham office – and home working.
What you will need:
- Media Agency experience is preferred, either current or past, or experience in a similar role that has given you a very strong grounding in media
- A deep understanding of all media channels and how the entire media eco system works together, giving you an ability to communicate recommended strategies to clients
- Comms Planning experience, with experience in tools such as TGI, Touchpoints, other industry systems
- Exceptional client relationships skills, with the ability to manage demanding clients and build strong working partnerships with them
- Ability to effectively direct multiple specialist teams to deliver outstanding work for our clients
- A confident attitude to articulate your strategies at a senior level, without channel specialist’s involvement
- To be always on the lookout for the new and the different, demonstrate an inquisitive nature and willingness to see the bigger picture for our clients
- To be able to analyse client sales and consumer data imaginatively and get to grips with dynamics of the client’s marketing environment
- Experience of leading a team and managing multiple Managers/Executives
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm and passion about what we do