Media Planner - Lloyds Bank, Scottish Widows
Overview of job
We are looking for an energetic, interesting and interested new Communication Executive with a passion for marketing communications to join the Lloyds Bank B2B and Scottish Widows Communications Planning team. The role requires delivery of effective and accurate support to the team in a fast-paced environment as well as an inquisitiveness and enthusiasm for helping to build innovative, integrated, and measurable communications strategies for the brands.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
Be part of a spectacular team at Mediacom!
- An opportunity to develop consumer and B2B planning skills, in an environment where you’ll be given autonomy, opportunities to grow and learn.
- A fun, supportive and enthusiastic client, who strives for great, innovative work.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Learnt the inner workings of the team, providing support to the AD and CP
- Built a solid understanding of the LBG business, and begun to forge client relationships
In six months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a go to for clients you look after
- Helped develop comms plans for B2B and Scottish Widows campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
- Mastered the financial management of your brands
- Developed a good understanding of the UK media landscape
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ability to build and maintain agency, client and media owner relationships and represent the agency professionally. Demonstrate knowledge of your client’s industry sector and their competitors. Someone client’s value and want on their business.
- Represents the company in a professional manner to clients, media owners and suppliers and can build strong relationships. Has high level of enthusiasm, cares about the business and wants to make a difference.
- Best in Class Planning. You will work with your Manager and Director to produce and where appropriate present strategy and rationales, media plans, and results and monthly and quarterly performance reviews to clients. Actively seeks to understand the owned, earned and paid media marketplace and gain a full understanding of channels and their strengths and weaknesses to create clear rationales for channel use. Uses proprietary planning and research tools to collect, interpret, and format information relating to client’s business, brand, consumers, and competitive marketplace. Can create a good, thought through deck with help from colleagues.
- Values ideas. A creative ‘bright spark’ constantly coming up with ideas.
- Operational Management. Contributes fully to the work of the team in servicing its clients. Ensures all client requirements are met and surpassed, executing requests in a timely, professional, and efficient manner. Carries out all client related administrative tasks with care, efficiency, and thoroughness. Strength in collecting, interpreting and formatting information about the client’s business and brands, consumers, and the competitive marketplace. Completes timesheets daily and accurately. Effectively prioritises tasks.
- Smart Briefing. Contribute to writing clear and inspiring briefs for media specialists, ensuring every brief has measurement and data-driven insight from the start.
What you will need:
- Someone who is truly excited about Communication Planning and the world of media. Someone who wants to learn, not someone who just needs a job. Someone who likes people and wants to find out a bit more about what makes them tick.
- Wants to be an Expert
- Is very Organised
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en