Analytics & Automation Analyst
Analytics and Automation Analyst, Connected Execution
Overview of role
Working within the Connected Execution (our Global Digital Media hub) team, this role is split between our Analytics and Automation functions. The Analytics function enables the automation of reporting and builds new measurement methodologies to predict and analyse digital media performance. The Automation function builds new tools to automate processes and connect data back into media activation platforms.
The analytic and automation teams sit as part of a wider Data Solutions team which also encompasses Insight and Ad Ops. Our mission is to put the power of data in our people’s hands, enable effective decision making and drive best in class digital paid media performance.
In this role you will build and transform solutions that capture data from the moment an advert is planned to the moment a user makes a purchase. You will also help our Automation build and design new tools which deliver critical business results for our clients.
Some of our key clients include Adidas, Mars, Sony, Shell, Uber and Bucherer.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to an Automation Manager.
3 best things about the job
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Work with digital experts at the forefront of technology which is always innovating and changing
- Build your expertise in coding advanced data solutions using SQL, Python and R
Measures of success
In three months, you will:
- Learn how each client has been setup on our database systems
- Learn how to execute core reporting tasks via SQL, Python and Tableau
- Understand how key automation tools have been setup
In six months, you will:
- Become an integral part of the team and take ownership of key client deliverables
- Learn how to build end-to-end data solutions for key clients from scratch
- Work directly with client teams across the business
- Become an advanced user of SQL & Python
In 12 months, you will:
- Design new reporting solutions and know how to onboard new clients
- Understand the direction of the industry when it comes to privacy, and what we need to do to help our clients adapt
- Test and integrate new tools and techniques, understanding their advantages and limitations, leading to the development of improved processes and increased efficiencies
Responsibilities of the role
- Proactively manage your assigned clients’ automated reporting and cross-channel digital measurement solutions
- Pipe, clean and transform data from activation platforms into Cloud storage solutions
- Build new automation tools to solve client and internal team challenges
- Help tell the story about how the work we do adds value to a client’s business
- Manage workload via a Wrike ticketing system; adhering to team processes, SLAs and stakeholder communication guidelines.
What you will need
Client Account Management
- Experience of how-to multi-task, delegate, prioritise and manage expectations
- Able to break down a problem, get to the heart of the question and come up with a way of fixing it
- Demonstrate collaborative team working and citizenship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including simplification of technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Willingness to learn from others and share own knowledge
Operating and Technical Skills
- Strong user of Excel and Tableau or other data visualisation tools
- Experience of extracting data (via manual download or using APIs) from digital marketing platforms including Google Analytics, Google Campaign Manager and Facebook Ads Manager
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels such as Paid Search, Paid Social and Programmatic
- Exposure to requirements gathering of writing scripts to automate tasks
- Knowledge of how different paid digital media channels complement each other in a typical digital media campaign
- Previous experience of working with relational databases in Cloud environments
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of programming, particularly Python or R
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*