Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek, Eurobest, Festival of Media Global and M&M Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Bayer Consumer Healthcare is on a transformation journey. They are the second fastest growing consumer healthcare company in the world, ahead of J&J, Sanofi and GSK, outstripping their competitors in sales growth. Bayer has a ‘Modernized Marketing’ agenda to ensure they are ‘Fit to Win’ in communicating with current and potential customers in the smartest, most effective and efficient ways, driven by Digital strategies, tactics and data and an integrated way of working with their full roster of agencies.
Working within the Global Bayer team, you will lead ‘Digital Excellence’ across the markets.
Digital Excellence refers to Bayer’s ambition to be market leader in the biddable channels; Paid Social, Paid Search and Programmatic (and data strategy and application). You will be responsible for Excellence in these channels across our markets.
Your time will be split equally between making sure that existing best practices in these channels play out across the markets, and helping Bayer define what new levels of Excellence look like.
Daily / weekly tasks
- Work closely with the Digital Director each day to align focus and priority topics
- Play an integral role in the broader Bayer team, completely ‘owning’ the three biddable channels, and feeding in to all relevant workstreams that relate to them:
- Audience and planning work with the strategists, that might require channel knowledge
- Input into the Measurement and Business Intelligence team on relevant projects
- Partnering with the Data team (CDO and strategist) on pilots and data strategy
- Expertly aligning workloads and projects upwards to the Digital Director, and outward to the Digital Associate Director (who is responsible for coordinating all things Digital, and being fully responsible for output from an operations perspective) and the Snr Digital Planner, who you will ‘share’ (who is responsible for market comms, relationships, communication, reporting and analysis).
- Conduct weekly client status on Excellence topics, and bi-weekly with broader client team
- Build amazing relationships with all Digital practitioners in the key markets; be their go-to for strategic central help and support and our central go-to on what they’re doing in these channels
- Become our client’s most trusted go-to for biddable platform advice
- Daily ‘firefighting’ in the markets, helping to solve ad-hoc issues that arise, troubleshoot any local Google Marketing Platform or other key platform (i.e. Facebook) issues with and for local teams or clients
- Top level oversee the Taxonomy process (owned by the Associate Director and Snr Digital Planner) with markets, ensuring they are trained, running accuracy reports and remedying errors consistently. Ensure the Associate Director creates a monthly report on taxonomy ‘success’ to share to clients
- Share ad-hoc expert POVs on key biddable news and platform innovations relevant to Bayer
- Integrated Office Hours: These are weekly client-run sessions involving all local markets from both agency and client side, to share best practice cases in our Excellence areas. You will be responsible for expanding our presence on these calls and setting the future agenda, to ensure we share more and promote our work better
- Acceleration Squads: We have market volunteers forming our ‘Acceleration squads’ – virtual groups of local market experts in each of the biddable channels. You will ‘own’ the Acceleration squads, fostering their growth, managing their input and ensuring we use them appropriately.
Skills, Behaviours and experience required:
- Expert level knowledge of GMP and all associated platforms
- DV360, SA360, Google Ads, GA/4, ADH, YouTube etc.
- Expert level knowledge of Facebook Business Manager
- Additionally, have strong understanding of Tik Tok, Pinterest, Snap etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of iAS and it’s suite of tools and options
Have a good working understanding of brand safety, especially GARM initiatives etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a confident presenter, or at least willing to become one through good experience, presenting in front of large groups of people from all levels
- Work at a pace, hit deadlines, but equally have patience and calm with colleagues under pressure, always understanding each other’s challenges and workloads
- Be an expert plate-spinner, able to juggle many workstreams at once with expertise