About the team
The Marketing and New Business team is integral to the growth of our business. As such, it is fast-paced, challenging and offers people the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom.
It is our responsibility to manage the new business process effectively, as well as to market MediaCom to clients, prospects, journalists and the wider industry, whilst also overseeing internal communications to MediaCom London employees. It is our role to promote MediaCom as the thought leader in the media industry through a distinct and/or differentiated point of view.
Objectives of the role
To support the Head of Design in the design and production of all new business and marketing artwork including digital, print and presentation artwork.
- Meet with key stakeholders and project leads to discuss project objectives and requirements alongside Head of Design.
- Develop graphics elements for digital design including web banners, social artwork.
- Layout print based designs including but not restricted to books, posters and advertising.
- Be responsible for creation of high-quality final designs.
- Creation of advertising mock ups for use in new business pitches.
- Own and maintain the storage and filing of all artwork, design briefs and final design concept sign-offs.
- Requesting advice, proof checks and stage development meetings where necessary to ensure designs meets project expectations and always before final approval and delivery.
- To communicate progress at every stage of the design process for smooth running of projects and expectation management.
- Offer input into creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Provide realistic estimated timing required to complete designs.
- Understand and work within brand and corporate guidelines where relevant.
- Collaborate, share and re-apply creative work from other MediaCom studios.
- Become a brand ambassador for MediaCom and understand and promote our company culture.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-3 years working in graphic design, preferably in a Media environment.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Microsoft PowerPoint expertise preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously in a time-sensitive manner.
- A focus on attention to detail and quality of own work.
- Ability to think outside the box and not being afraid to experiment.
- Competent in planning and prioritising.
- Organised and have proven attention to detail.
- Ability to always remain calm in busy periods
- Enthusiastic and passionate about design.
- Excellent typography and layout skills.
- Good understanding of both print and digital.
The role is varied – no two days are ever the same – but each day is always busy! You need to be resourceful and work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines – while creating beautiful documents and decks and agency materials.
You must be a good communicator, able to work with all levels. You must be comfortable communicating with c-suite and junior team members alike.
You need to be energetic, organised, flexible and motivated - able to deal with multiple deadlines and happy to juggle priorities.
The team is supportive, fun, busy and energetic and we need team players with the same outlook.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom