Media Planning Executive
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
About the role:
If you’ve ever bought a Coke with your name on in, seen Alan Carr hijack an ad break, or witnessed a man in heels perform an #epic strut – then you’ve probably seen our work. We’re surrounded by adverts and MediaCom is the reason behind why, where and when you see them. We’re so successful at what we do that 1 in 3 adverts that you see across any form of media is a MediaCom placed Advert, and the reason for this? Our People.
We’re excited to say that with our continued success our teams are growing and as such we are looking for an addition within our Planning/Client Services Team. The Planning Executive will be assisting the Manager and Account Director in the day to day running of client business. This will encompass improving your knowledge across all media channels relevant to your clients and ensure the smooth output and running of all client related activity.
- Proactively seek to understand all media and emerging media opportunities across both on and offline channels
- Enthusiasm to meet and begin building up a network of media owners relevant to your client’s business
- Understanding of the day to day running of client accounts and where you add value
- Develop a good understanding of client strategy and be able to assess and contribute on executional ideas
- Support the Senior Executive/Manager in the day to day financial running on accounts.
- Take responsibility for reports and analysis
- Work collaboratively with internal specialist teams and stakeholders to understand opportunities, develop plans and innovate through a connected understanding.
- Share relevant news stories and keep an inquisitive mind for news or findings that may be interesting to your client base, always offering an opinion on why
- Take your career management seriously- with growth comes fantastic career progression opportunities so we’d love to support you and see you develop.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Experience within a Media Agency Environment, large or small, is a must-have.
- A clear understanding of different media types –and their role in communications.
- Begin to develop a full understanding of the planning process employed on your client’s business
- Demonstrate an active interest in your client’s business, marketplace, and consumers
- Strong, concise written and oral communication
- Able to (where necessary) confidently participate and contribute in client meetings, knowing when to add opinion
- Confident presentation skills, both internally and to clients
- Adept at managing a diverse workload, and able to prioritise
- Attend inspiration sessions regularly and apply learning’s to your client’s business
- Take ownership of specific sections of client presentations and be able to autonomously write yourself
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both clients and internal stakeholders as well as mentor and support staff.
If you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.