MediaCom has been appointed to undertake the global media strategy and planning work across all MARS segments (Chocolate, Pet, Wrigley's Gum and Food).
Our shared mission is to form a partnership that will:
Improve media EFFECTIVENESS e.g. Better share and reapply of great work
Drive EFFICIENCY from the planning structure e.g. better compliance with MARS Media Philosophy
Provide FOCUS on media to the MARS business e.g. Media Representation at Brand Boards.
Specifically the MediaCom Network of Excellence team will support the implementation of MARS Key Beliefs everywhere and develop new thinking to evolve the MARS media model. They will manage global Test and Learn initiatives and devise and deploy a uniform integrated planning framework. They are accountable and responsible for ensuring local markets share and reapply successful media initiatives and for facilitating a positive working relationship with MARS creative agencies.
At a local market level, the MediaCom MARS team will implement the MARS Key Beliefs and align budget across segment portfolio and test and learn agreement. After consultation with MARS client, the local team will deliver a clear brief to align Mars’ key challenges with a plan for how communications will meet the challenge
The data analyst/planner will play a significant role in helping to support the MARS team in the coordination and delivery of global and regional reporting and related projects. The remit is expected to be varied but will be initially a support/coordination focused role before progressing to be the point of contact for reporting, specifically in relation to the MARS scorecard.
Key responsibilities of the data analyst/planner:
- Ensure that data is accurately collected for the use in report, taking ownership of more complex or high-profile reports.
- Participate in and deliver reports as requested
- Deliver on Ad Hoc requests with insightful, relevant and ‘on brief’ analysis.
- Comply with all internal reporting requirements in line with GroupM and client expectations.
- Assist in the automation of reports and enhanced methods of presenting data/report findings to the client as relevant i.e. scorecards/dashboards etc
- Ensure accuracy of reports, calculations, data sources and versions.
- Contribute towards the definition, implementation and effectiveness of data integrity methodologies and processes across the team including but not limited to quality assurance initiatives for all client facing data.
- Support the effective implementation and knowledge sharing of all quality assurance initiatives across the broader team, as appropriate.
- To be an advocate of continuous improvement and utilise a structured approach to ensure that the organisation benefits from learning and past performance.
- Ensure that all ‘owned’ processes are comprehensively documented for all key operational areas.
- Optimise and update reporting processes and tools as needed in order to stay current and efficient in order to deliver higher operational performance and greater client satisfaction.
- Assist in the rollout and implementation of new processes to stakeholders as necessary e.g. training of the team in such processes.
- To ensure full compliance will all internal and client processes.
- To contribute towards the continual improvement of internal processes, as appropriate
- Support the wider team in initiatives to optimise current and new reporting and tools.
- Assist in the process of identifying and implementing appropriate new analyses, studies, etc. using our existing data to inform and enhance existing and future digital campaigns, and/or identify new data sources which would enhance insight and strategy.
- Ensure relevant business knowledge is deployed, shared and retained within the team and shared across the wider function where relevant.
- Act as business adviser to the internal team clarifying reporting/data requirements and requests to ensure accurate and meaningful reports and insights are provided which are directly linked to agreed campaign KPI’s.
- Maintain a sustainable positive relationship with key stakeholders and maintain contact as appropriate and expected.