If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out
Overview of role
This role will form a major part of our Data Strategy and Analytics department. In this role you will be responsible for expanding and optimising our data and data pipeline architecture for our Google Marketing Platform (GMP) data sets, ensuring that our teams have the data available to drive our clients’ business forward.
You will be using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build rich databases, transforming and moulding data from a variety of sources, such as Google Analytics, Campaign Manager, Search Ads 360 and client data. This data will build the foundations for us to provide industry leading solutions to transform our clients marketing and media activity.
GCP Data Engineers will be responsible for architecting, transformation and modernisation of data solutions on GCP, integrating native GCP services and 3rd party data technologies. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for large scale architecture, solutioning and operationalisation of data warehouses, data lakes and analytics platforms on GCP is a must. We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to design the right solutions with appropriate combination of GCP and 3rd party technologies for deploying on GCP cloud.
This is an exciting data-driven role and we’re looking for someone to take it to the next level. Solving complex problems is something you do for fun. You possess great attention to detail and a precise eye for presenting data in strong, visually striking ways and a flair for working on the GCP stack. You will have the determination to advance our GMP offering and look to create the new and the different to consistently push our business forward, constantly coming up with new ideas and helping us to provide even more value to our clients.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive media agencies in the world! As a core member of the team you will have opportunity to help define our product, work with our industry-leading clients and have the chance to build your career & your future the way you want it!
Reporting of the role
Reporting to the Partner of Data and Analytics, you will mange a team of 2 and work alongside other similar teams to develop our approach and processes for key clients and internal projects.
3 best things about the job
- Working closely with Google on a variety of clients to deliver first-class data-driven solutions
- A supportive working environment to promote a healthy work-life harmony
- Continuous mentorship and learning to support both career and personal development
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Have a good understanding of our internal/client architecture, current tools and process and projects the wider team are working on
In six months, you would have:
- Worked towards/obtained your next Google certification
- Started developing a new internal product/tool
In 12 months, you will be:
- Leading projects and managing team workload
- Helping to develop the next generation of products/ and services
- Run internal training sessions to help upskill junior members of the team
Responsibilities of the role
- Create and maintain ELT pipelines on GCP/Snowflake
- Manage and evolve the platform architecture
- Support Data Analytics/Science with engineering best practice
What you will need
- Significant experience in an analytical/developer role with an emphasis on data solutions
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience analysing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on GCP cloud using GCP/3rd party services
- Minimum 1 year of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala etc.
- Industry experience of Python, SQL
- Technologies you’ll be working closely with: Terraform, Data Build Tool (DBT), Apache Beam, Apache Airflow.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience designing cloud-based data solutions
- The ability to manage projects and processes independently
- Experience of CI/CD
- Experience of reporting BI tools – such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- A good understanding of business performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform products would be beneficial
- An understanding of Agile methodology would be beneficial
- The ability to manage projects and processes independently
*Please note that we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.*
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyper-connected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom*