Implementation AV Manager
Implementation AV Manager
Overview of role
The role is for a Implementational AV Manager within a wider planning and buying team at MediaCom. The role involves working closely with the Communications Planning team who own the client relationship and develop the audience insight and strategic planning work. The successful candidate will also work closely with the buying and commercial team at MediaCom ensuring that we are delivering against the commercial requirements for clients.
As part of the AV planning team, you will be a vital part of the System Thinking at the agency, which leads our planning process. Understanding and developing AV and the latest technologies is fundamental to us delivering brilliant work for our clients and is behind much of our award winning work. You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media to formulate a connected response
Reporting of the role
The Implementation AV Manager will work across one of the UK’s largest accounts Sky and NOW reporting into the Implementation AV Associate Director. The work will be best in class, driving innovation and understanding how AV compliments and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
Working on some of the biggest pieces of business at MediaCom, represents an incredible opportunity for an individual to shine and the nature of the work includes a wide range of brand building activity – this includes not only planning across the breadth of AV channels but also fully integrated TV partnerships, understanding how TV and digital work together and offers the opportunity to work closely with other media specialists and our MBA team to develop award winning solutions with clear measurement and outcomes. There are plenty of challenges facing the business, meaning a very real opportunity to make a genuine difference.
3 best things about the job
- The opportunity to work on a prestigious global client who is one of the biggest UK spenders.
- You will be part of a wider AV planning team with best in class implementation at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media to ensure joined up thinking.
- The client is looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
Measures of success
In 3-6 months, you would have:
- A comprehensive understanding of Mediacom’s planning tools and data points and be able use them effectively to build rationale and support strategic thinking.
- Showcased the candidates very strong AV + Radio planning skills, demonstrating connected thinking throughout the responses
- Working in a multi-media team to deliver connected responses and present back to the client.
- Confident presentation of work to senior internal stakeholders & day-to-day clients
- Has the trust & confidence of senior internal stakeholders (AD+) & day-to-day clients
- Manages the team’s workload and priorities, including managing stakeholder expectations
- Resolves day-to-day issues autonomously, escalating where appropriate
- Shares implementation knowledge & learnings from their accounts across the Business Unit
In 12 months, you would have:
- Responsibility and autonomy to deliver AV + Audio responses to your clients with minimal involvement from your AD.
- Developed strong client relationships and attend external meetings without more senior AV presence
- Have a good understanding of other media outside of AV and the role of AV in the connected system
- Have demonstrated new and innovative approaches to AV and implemented the new and different on appropriate briefs.
- Working closely with your Investment counterpart to ensure that we are delivering upon commercial commitments.
- Entered at least one piece of AV work for an industry award.
- Successfully utilising other areas of MediaCom to bolster responses for the client i.e. MBA, Systems Acceleration, Systems Thinking.
- Shown willingness to develop the more junior members of the team in order to advance the teams learnings and capabilities. Showcasing People First, Better Results in your day to day work.
What you will need
- Specialist excellence in the day-to-day output across their team & accounts
- To be comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- To be passionate about Media planning and the possibilities of media to help Sky deliver successful business outcomes.
- Experience delivering cross media plans for TV, Radio, BVOD and Cinema.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the opportunities that come from AV, data, and technology.
- They will be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*