Global Account Manager - Shell
Job TitleGlobal Account Manager (Operations – Shell Downstream)
Department MediaCom Worldwide
Shell is one of MediaCom’s largest Global accounts and holds a very prestigious position within the agency. It’s held up as being one of the most innovative, exciting clients to work on – and for good reason. A combination of strong leadership, sizeable media budgets and meaty communications briefs has led to multi-award winning work, and critical business results.
The Shell Downstream Business refers their activities that are consumer facing – i.e. Retail (Petrol Forecourts, Fuels etc) and Lubricants (Motor Oil for Cars/Trucks and Motorcycles). Whilst Shell’s ultimate goal is to increase sales and revenue, the market and business context mean that Shell has many interesting challenges to overcome in order to do this. Whether this mean diversifying their retail offering to sell more than just petrol, or creating consumer demand in a category with traditionally low involvement and low interest, there are many initiatives and strategies to get your teeth into to help develop and effectively bring to market.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
- Account and Project Management
- First point of contact for Global clients in relation to in-market campaigns and activity
- Maintain client relationship and project statuses
- Leading and overseeing the delivery of key projects, including but not limited to:
- Development and delivery of Global Best Practice Frameworks and Guidance covering all of Shell Downstream’s Key products – then cascading work out to the market network.
- Overseeing the delivery of annual media planning in key markets
- Creation and deployment of Team processes and ways of working
- Collaboration with Finance teams to ensure accurate and smooth running of the account’s financial management/processes
- Support the Shell Global Downstream Team leads and inputting into strategy and activation recommendations
- Market Coordination
- Be the day-to-day contact for key Shell markets – Keeping them informed of account and brand updates, and be their go-to person for support
- Working closely with local markets to ensure campaigns are executed and delivered in line with Global strategies whilst also being tailored to their individual market needs and conditions
- Evolving the MediaCom Shell team community - sharing best practice/success stories across the market network, with the view of re-applying and scaling up activity in other markets.
- Drive and co-ordinate collaboration between all the MediaCom Shell teams in the markets for Shell Global initiatives
- Co-ordinate and support global tools used and updated by local markets – Synthesis/EDGE/Drive/Shell Media Gallery
3. Overall Management of Shell/MC Tools and Resources
- General upkeep and maintenance of suite of MC Tools & dashboards (EDGE Competitive Spend Database, Synthesis Media Activity Reporting Dashboard, Shell Media Gallery Case Study Library)
- Ensure smooth data/input collection from markets and other stakeholders
- Responsible for quality control of data and inputs
- Liaising with technical team to ensure the tool is in working order
- Provide Downstream support for necessary reporting to clients and central MediaCom teams
4. Central Team Coordination
- Strong working partnership with Shell Downstream Planning Managers
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Global MediaCom team working on Shell – GAD/BD, Business Science, Investment, Finance, Commercial
- Co-managing monthly Shell Huddles to showcase current work and inspire the wider members of the Shell Team
- Building strong relationship with wider MediaCom team – including Shell Digital Team, Connected Execution, APAC Regional Hub, MBA, Business Science
The role requires the following personal attributes:
- Strong team player (we work as an integrated agency team)
- Good Project Management skills
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Good Attention to Detail
- Critical thinker
- Can-do Attitude and active ownership of responsibilities
People First, Better Results
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.