Objectives of the Role:
The Head of Digital is responsible for supporting all our client’s digital businesses from strategic planning and media strategy through to implementation and analysis. The role is about demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills combined with the management and oversight of many delegated tasks. They will be responsible for engaging with and mobilising the experts in the agency to deliver seamless and integrated digital planning and you will be responsible for helping ensure that we are using digital to provide the right connections to deliver against our clients business outcomes.
You will have a strong knowledge of the digital landscape across the channel, with a specific focus on Programmatic, Social and Display as well as data and technology. eHnkl/lkalkdlkadfkjSead ofYou You
- Be the expert in your media and ensure the delivery of excellence across teams in the agency – auditing all digital output and advising teams on best practice (digital activation, including self-serve platforms – excluding SEO and PPC).
- Drive the digital business across the account base ensuring full integration within account teams.
- Upskilling of account management teams in digital account management disciplines
- To ensure online and offline strategic synergy; producing integrated cross platform planning through applying Systems’ Thinking, MediaCom’s bespoke planning philosophy to all campaigns.
- To service and manage key client relationships and have regular senior client contact
- Assist in new business pitches
- To forge strong relationships within the company, in relevant departments and regions (where applicable)
- Work with your team to ensure best practice and innovation are present in all team outputs
- Oversee and evolve the digital planning process in line with market/client requirements
- Fluency across the marketing communications landscape with a solid understanding of all media and how digital fits.
- Interact with other team leaders in the business to manage workload and share digital best practice
- Build strong relationships with media owners and ensure that you are aware of new products and offerings in the market and have a point of view on these that you will share with the business
- Lead in keeping clients informed about key digital issues; brand safety, ad fraud and viewability. You will liaise with the EMEA digital leaders’ group and be responsible for leading client webinars, meetings & supporting account management teams in navigating this with clients.
- To develop working practices and processes to maximise digital output across the business
- The Head of Digital should enjoy good rapport with all levels from MD to Trainees, showing the ability to effectively delegate up as well as down
- Help to develop staff and set realistic KPIs for progression and digital upskilling
Skills and Behaviours:
- Motivated and Driven
- Strong people management skills
- Service focused
- Strategic and implementation skills
- Concise style of writing
- Confident and articulate presenter
- Excellent time management
- Ability to solve problems
- Good listener
- Good communicator
Key Performance Indicators:
- To continually look for and identify areas of development for client’s business to increase billings and revenue
- To shop and impart a thorough knowledge of all media opportunities within the online/digital discipline
- Continuous identification and implementation of new process, technology and tools to improve team efficiencies
- Work with the wider agency team to identify new opportunities and trends we can introduce to clients such as social media monitoring, mobile, affiliates etc.
- Develop and present team and client inductions in key digital disciplines.
- To take an active participation in new business pitches and presentations
Qualifications and other relevant information:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in digital marketing is preferable
- Must have a detailed knowledge of online media channels including display, paid search, mobile, social media, and the related adserving technologies.