Ad Operations Manager
Ad Ops Manager, Connected Execution
Overview of role
Working within the Connected Execution (our Global Digital Media hub) team you will help lead and support multi-client Ad Ops team. Our goal is to deliver best in class trafficking, tagging and technical to support client, local market and global teams. Our core client list includes Adidas, Shell, Bose, Uber, Bayer, Sony and Ernst & Young of which you’ll be assigned 2-3 to lead.
You will also be responsible for managing workflow of those who report into you, supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and having a point of view on the future of the industry when it comes to Ad Ops technologies and solutions. On a day to day, the technical side of your role will include ensuring efficient implementation of ad-serving, web & mobile analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies.
An Ad Operations Manager understands the full digital technology stack and will work closely with our programmatic and buying teams to effectively activate digital campaigns. They’ll need to have excellent time management, communication skills, technical knowledge, and an extensive experience in implementing digital campaigns. A successful Ad Operations Manager can delegate day to day campaign tasks to junior members, manage stakeholder tracking requirements and mentor team members. They’ll become a respected partner and through building relationship with their colleagues, other MediaCom departments and with the client’s media team.
The opportunity offers a chance to utilise their excellent people management skills and Ad Server experience whilst working at the forefront of a fast-moving digital technology with some of our most prestigious clients in a fun and challenging working environment and team culture.
Some of our key clients include Adidas, Mars, Sony, Shell, Uber and Bucherer.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director of Ad Operations.
3 best things about the job
- Opportunity to help us shape and define use of ad technology at a global scale with some of the world's biggest brands.
- Be at the forefront of constantly evolving digital media space.
- Enjoying fun-working environment and team culture, whilst establishing a wide network of industry peers.
Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure your team delivers efficient, accurate implementation of campaigns.
- Management of the ad-server and its related processes, ensuring best practice is followed and maintained. Actively driving efficiency by building more automation, governance and consistency.
- Ensure that all web analytics, behavioural targeting and other optimisation technologies are implemented correctly.
- Help nurture and grow your team’s skillset across soft and technical areas.
- Create & maintain and distribute supporting documents, e.g. handbooks, trafficking sheets, best practices.
- Liaise with the creative agencies to ensure that creative meets requirements and is effectively delivered.
- Contribute to the tracking strategies on the client’s digital properties to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place.
- Liaise with platform/development teams to help resolve platform issues and provide solutions where possible.
- Manage the resolution of issues and pro-actively guide the team with towards improving technical processes.
- Offer deep ad tech stack platform knowledge covering custom variables, data pass-back, tech stack integrations, tag management, dynamic creative optimisation, audience/re-targeting.
- Provide technical POVs on changes in the industry.
What you will need
Client Account Management:
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively via email, on client calls and in client meetings and workshops.
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams to ensure all conventions and processes are accurately followed.
Operating and Technical Skills
- Train and become skilled in using a variety of technologies suitable for our client requirements.
- Support the team members with workload management.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and discuss possible solutions with the Analysts, Senior Analysts.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- Be precise and accurate when completing your work understanding the impact you will have on the clients results and reporting.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ culture. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest’s current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*