International Media Executive
Job Title: Media Executive
About the Opportunity: Working within MediaCom’s fast-expanding international department where we handle clients’ multi-market media needs across a big variety of clients (e.g. Shell, Dell, GSK, Akzo, Selfridges, and Betfair, to name a few), this role is focused on working on several international accounts, including Betfair (a pan-European online sports betting client), JD Sports (the high street sports retailer) and several smaller clients that require international planning and buying as well as market coordination across multiple MediaCom markets.
A Day in the Life: Review the overall media and advertising strategy with the team, discuss plans and options with team members from other European MediaCom offices. Attend pocket bite training sessions on how social media is influencing consumers. Update and circulate weekly tasks and reports to the team & learn how to use one of the Mediacom planning tools. As well as a host of other interesting media related tasks.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to a phenomenal retail client as well as one of the fasting growing online sports betting companies
- Working with a wonder and supportive team
- Learning and applying news skills in an ever-changing media world
In 3 months you will have:
Within the first 3 months we would have expected you to understand the basics of how media planning and buying works, the clients short term and long-term strategy as well as some of the basic reporting and planning tools
In 6 months you will have:
Have a firm grasp and be using many of the MediaCom research and planning tools daily, understand the different division with MediaCom and how they operate & started to build strong relationships with co-workers from different markets
Where you’ll be at the end of your first year:
Be fully confident in the role and be leading many of the internal meetings on weekly tasks etc. Fully compliant in all the MediaCom tools, understand and make recommendations against client work and be an engaged and fully committed member of the team
What we’re looking for in you: We are looking for a pro-active, confident, and self-starting executive who wants to come in and quickly grab the reins.
Key Skills are…
- Attention to detail and confident communication skills
- Being positive, enthusiastic, and willing to learn all aspects of media
- Determined and curious approach to problem solving
- A good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint as well as a good acumen in maths
- A sound understanding of all media and a point of view on emerging media opportunities
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site bar, cafe and roof terrace
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- We also have a regular events calendar including company socials, sports clubs, a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
How to apply: Please apply online via this advertisement and send us your CV and a covering letter. Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship.
If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
At MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare. The MediaCom network comprises of 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands our clients, including P&G, DLG, and Coca-Cola.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of our work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients. We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work. For more information, please visit http://www.mediacom.com