SEO Account Manager - UK
SEO Account Manager – UK
Overview of role
We’re looking for a quick thinking, organised and versatile SEO Account Manager to oversee one of the biggest accounts for the UK team. You will be responsible for delivering best in class SEO solutions to some of the UK’s biggest brands, managing multiple stakeholders as well as ensuring the best output from more junior members of the team. We are looking for someone who has experience working in competitive and performance driven sectors and are ready to take the next step.
Reporting of the role
The role reports to the SEO Account Director
3 best things about the job
- Working with an amazing team and fantastic clients who want to succeed in search
- Outstanding personal development and learning opportunities - access to GroupM tools and online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices
- Close integration with a range of digital and media specialists to elevate your SEO experience and performance
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, leading day to day communications
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ content & SEO strategies
In six months, you would have:
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple projects
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to SEO strategy
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight.
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
Responsibilities of the role
Support SEO Account Director and wider team by conducting and writing up:
- Business Cases
- Keyword research
- On-page optimisation advice
- Technical audits
- Competitor analysis
- Link management activities
- Sentiment Analysis
Lead day to day Account Management of SEO activities:
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting using Google Analytics/Adobe Omniture and other tools
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity (monitor and report KPIs and technical issues across all clients’ websites)
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to their Account Director and the wider team
- Regular contact with Planning teams ensuring a full understanding of Clients’ overall media strategy
Managing & supporting the workload & overseeing the development of x1 Senior SEO Executive
What you will need
- An excellent understanding of industry standard SEO tools including Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, Google Data Studio, SEOMonitor, Deep Crawl, SEMRush. AWR and Screaming Frog
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrable Account Management experience in SEO
- Strong client relationship building experience with excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to write persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities within client targets and strategies
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Commercial understanding and able to put together scopes of work and answer client briefs.
Our commitment to you
We recognise that staff are our single most important asset, and strive to create to create an exciting and challenging environment to work in. In 2021 we launched the UK’s largest Google Practice, a team of 250 experts delivering a more comprehensive and specialist service across the Google ecosystem to our clients. As part of the Practice the successful candidate will benefit from a centre of excellence driven by data and a fully-fledged Systems Thinking approach – and all backed by Google.
Our philosophy has always been people first, better results. We operate a hybrid, flexible working policy and offer a host of exciting benefits including corporate gym membership, a social club and numerous health and wellbeing initiatives and offers.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here! You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram!
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*