AV Account Director
AV Account Director
Overview of role
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world and are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards.
We are looking for a diligent AV specialist across TV planning and buying who has knowledge across other AV channels such as Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio. You are equipped to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers. Response (DRTV) experience would be beneficial but not essential. They will work across one of the largest advertisers in the UK: Tesco, alongside CRUK and Indeed. The role will predominantly involve implementation AV planning across these accounts as well as supporting the investment team in buying and delivery.
Reporting of the role
This role reports directly into the Senior Associate Director on the account and AV Investment Lead.
3 best things about the job
1. The opportunity to work on a prestigious retailer
2. You will be part of a wider AV planning and buying team with best in class implementation at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media to ensure joined up thinking.
3. Our clients are looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Worked with the AV Senior Associate Director on the account to put in place processes and streamlining ways of working.
- Start to build a strong relationship with the rest of the team in Comms Planning, Implementational Planning and Investment.
- Have confidence and clarity in communicating with the client team, media owners and client.
- Have a strong understanding of the clients you are working on and their approach to AV.
- Have regular contact with clients, keeping them up to date on all TV matters.
- Ensuring all planning is gold standard.
- Start to understand the client audit guarantees and how they are achieved.
In six months, you would have:
- Developed an efficient and effective way of working within the AV and Planning team to ensure campaigns are planned and bought in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Developed a good grasp of the client’s account and how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class AV work.
- Have a good understanding of the audit deliverables and commercial aspects of the client’s account (their business and ours).
In 12 months, you would have:
- Fully understand and be proficient in delivering best in class AV planning
- Know the client’s account inside out.
- Have implemented systems and ways of working so your team are working like clockwork!
Responsibilities of the role
- The AV team is a team within a team. MediaCom has recently restructured into 5 Business Groups – and this role sits within Business Group 3 with clients that include Tesco, CRUK, Indeed.
- You will work as part of a team of 20 AV specialists who plan and buy all AV campaigns for our clients including Tesco (Stores, Mobile, F&F and Bank), CRUK, Indeed, KGA (Jimmy Choo), Richmont, Innocent, Hermes (Delivery). With some of the UK’s most challenging targets this team will need to be the best of the best – every member of the team will need to have a very strong understanding of how video works, be an innovator, and have a willingness to learn.
- The AV Account Director will oversee and manage a team of planner/buyers and executives and will ensure that the planning output is best- in-class. The AD will monitor and push the development and quality of output from the team, who they must inspire and challenge, ensuring they are motivated and given the right opportunities to develop their video and multimedia knowledge – understanding the role of all video channels, how they interlink and the role that they can play in a wider multimedia system.
- The AD will update the client of market movements and new opportunities. The AD must have strong negotiation skills and be able to get involved and sort airtime issues for their team when required. The AD must ensure plans are delivered accurately with upmost quality and be responsible for the team’s individual output.
What you will need
- At least 4 years TV planning and buying experience. Response (DRTV) experience is a bonus but not essential.
- Experience of planning and presenting a response to brief. Understanding the connections between all media channels.
- Proficient knowledge of the UK TV marketplace, along with other AV media such as radio, cinema and VOD
- Attention to detail is key
- Organised and be able to prioritise tasks
- Drive and enthusiasm to work on huge clients
- Knowledge of industry media buying tools (all media e.g. BARB, Media Ocean, TechEdge, Caria, Prisma and Jet)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communicator.
- Strong presentation skills
- Management of allocated accounts – ensuring that campaigns are delivered in line with objectives (strikeweights, value delivery and quality commitments)
- Supporting the team with solving financial issues
- Passionate to explore new opportunities in AV
- A real team player who has the ability to share their knowledge
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry’s most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*