Overview of the job
Working alongside the Media Technology team to ensure efficient reporting and data is delivered to multiple clients and internal stakeholders. You will also be responsible for supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to a Data Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to continuously learn on the job
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end automated reporting processes for a couple of key clients
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team
In six months, you would have:
- Learnt the main reporting tools and be the main point of contact for a few client’s processes
- Taken on several simple troubleshooting tasks
In 12 months, you would have:
- Started managing your own clients, full end-to-end process and dealing with all issues
- Started contributing to wider business projects, outside of the day-to-day
Responsibilities of the role:
- To ensure efficient implementation of the automation systems and programs across multiple clients.
- To be responsible for the automation and maintenance of key clients reporting processes.
- To keep up to date with the tools and systems within the team and apply any improvements/new features to improve client reporting.
- To be able to test new software and evaluate if it should be used.
- To be able to invent, test and implement with new processes to improve client reporting.
- To be able to manage workload in the Shared Inbox ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on what is being delivered.
- Integrating and maintaining the data from various tracking systems used for campaigns.
Client Account Management:
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively either via conference call, email or face to face
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical
- Work on using a variety of technologies to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
- Support the senior members of the team with problem solving, operating a test and learning process to regularly improve the information produced.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and suggest solutions to fix.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- This team works alongside the Tech team to ensure that all relevant information being captured can be included within our Data Dashboards.
- Actively leverage technology to deliver efficiencies, and provide Clients with relevant and timely information.
What you will need:
- A degree or similar qualification in Maths, statistics, economics or any scientific/numerically related subject.
- At least 12 months experience in Data Analysis/Engineering or a similar role.
- Detailed Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI/Tableau) would be beneficial.
- Basic SQL
- An interest in Big Data (within media, or outside media)
- An aptitude and liking for technology
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi – task, prioritise and manage expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for finding where efficiencies can be made.
- Commercial awareness and understanding
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en