International Senior Planner
International Senior Planner
International Comms Planner AD
About MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
About the team and/or client
For Hotels.com we are the central hub that leads the media planning and buying business across Europe. We are an extension of the global Hotels.com which is lead out of the MediaCom New York Office.
This is a new client relationship, so we are very much working out how we will best work together with the local clients and local markets, but it is an exciting opportunity to create something new, fresh and effective that drives their growth in EMEA.
We do know that the clients have a small operational team here, so our team will be a critical extension of theirs, and we will be aiming to operate in truly collaborative and integrated fashion.
Our specific team function is to write best in market strategies, deliver frameworks that the local teams can plan against, lead the usage of our online planning platform ‘The System’ and support local markets in executing their plans. We will sit between the clients and local markets and global MediaCom to collect and share information that is needed to achieve our goal of growth.
We also sit with and alongside the Reebok Europe Hub team which has a similar operating model overseeing planning and buying across Europe for Reebok. So we will be part of a wider team that will allow us to create a fun culture and share ideas and learnings from across categories.
The Role Objective
The Senior Planner will report into the Comms Planner and will be a key client and hub contact responsible for overseeing the workflows of the local markets and keeping the wider team and client informed of progress and any challenges.
While project managing media campaigns and reporting is a big part of the Senior Planners role, there are also a few other elements of the role that are important:
The Primary roles are:
To work closely with the Media Manager on delivering the following:
– Consolidation and analysis of relevant Europe information – consumer insights, competitive strategies, brand tracking, media research, target audience segmentation against relevant touch points
– Creative, collating or distributing market trends or opportunities that will go to clients
– Manage process with briefing local teams, providing strategic guidance, client sell-in/approval, post campaign analysis and competitive reporting
– Champion Regional Strategy across the Network – provide guidance on Regional Strategy implementation to local Mediacom teams
– Promote innovative media solutions in line with the evolving media landscape - advocating the importance of Digital & Innovation
– Liaise with the clients/creative agencies and other stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met and ensuring a smooth process during campaign planning
– Take findings and translate into insights, and case studies to facilitate knowledge sharing
– Play a key role in the migration to regional systems (as and when they become applicable)
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Expected 2-3 step process in order to get the opportunity to meet the team.
There will be at least 2 interviews: