Digital Senior Planner Buyer
Senior Digital Planner Buyer (NOW TV)
We’re looking for a driven and quick-thinking Senior Digital Planner Buyer to work on one of the most relevant and fast paced parts of Sky’s business – NOW TV (Brand & Trading). The candidate should already have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and have experience in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand.
Our Senior Planner Buyers are responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s output across Display, OLV and Social, meaning you will work closely with media owners, clients and third-party platforms for campaign management, optimisation, and reporting. Strategically, you will be responsible for responding to client briefs, delivering budget and performance forecasts, producing testing frameworks, managing social campaigns, analysing performance, and ultimately overseeing the end to end account management of client business.
Social is a large part of the NOW digital activity, with the team being responsible for delivering all brand and trading activity across several platforms, as well as consulting on NOW TV’s internal social activity. A working, advanced knowledge of the core social platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Snap) is integral to this role.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Digital Manager.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The expectation, support, and tools to deliver best in class digital work across the biggest account in the UK
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom & at Sky
- Opportunity to drive performance across Sky’s fastest growing product.
What are the measures of success?
- You will have consistently delivered brilliant work to the client.
- You will have delivered improvements in ways of planning/ buying by proactively identifying opportunities.
- You will have successfully helped to upskill the wider team, to ensure best in class planning, implementation and buying.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- You will have built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally and they will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor.
- You will have planned and executed digital campaigns to a great standard, with the support of your manager.
- You will have identified opportunities for development in more junior members of the team and ensured people have access to the right training/ opportunities.
What will you need?
- Solid experience working in a media agency, within a Paid Social/ Display function
- Desire to drive performance and improve efficiencies
- Understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and AdServing
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking, and Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving and solutions focused mind-set
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to train others and encourage knowledge sharing
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*