International - Senior Planner - NBCUniversal
Senior Planner, International
Department / Team
MediaCom Worldwide - NBCUniversal
International AD & AM
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for an International Senior Planner to work in the NBCUniversal International team, across various exciting divisions covering both film and TV.
This role requires a diverse set of skills, encompassing account management, comms planning and media buying across multiple markets. The ideal candidate will preferably have demonstrable experience or solid understanding across these specialisms. Experience on a global entertainment brand is desirable but not mandatory, however a passion for the entertainment industry is essential.
MediaCom has worked with NBCUniversal for many years and has continued to grow and evolve our relationship with this global client, starting with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment over 20 years ago. The client is split across several business operations:
- Universal Theatrical (Cinema)
- Home Entertainment (Blu-Ray & DVD)
- New Media (Digital Movie Downloads & Rentals)
- Content Group (releasing indie film and special interest across all content release windows)
- TV Networks (E!, SyFy & Universal Channel)
- hayu (subscription VOD service)
The International Senior Planner will play a crucial role within the NBCUniversal team, working primarily on hayu and TV Networks, and supporting across Universal’s Home Entertainment and New Media divisions.
This is a really exciting account to work on within a passionate and positive team, and this role in particular deals with some amazing new film releases along with some of the most high-profile content they develop.
- Main point of contact between central and local agency teams across 12+ markets globally, and able to build positive working relationships.
- Regularly host status meetings/calls with local teams.
- Support AD in collating data from local markets for Business Science projects.
- Direct involvement with local market planning.
- Attend client meetings regularly as required for briefing and ad-hoc projects.
- Respond to all requests, project briefs with speed, accuracy, and enthusiasm within agreed deadlines.
- Ensure financial accuracy through management of budget tracker, the planning and buying process and reconciliation of spends.
- Ownership of key workstreams; including managing and reporting on local market planning, PCAs, competitive analyses and newsletters.
Research & Insight
- Become the team expert for developments across local media landscapes to inform the central client on planning decisions, including creating and distributing reports and updates on media developments and emerging technologies.
- Compile research and insights for communications strategy on forthcoming campaigns.
- Gain a strong understanding and level of expertise with the full range of media research tools to identify audience opportunities.
- Support AM on end-to-end campaign management from brief to post-campaign reporting, including central planning, buying & execution of online and offline campaigns across multiple territories globally.
- Define audience targeting opportunities & plan campaign budgets across multiple international markets.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- Organised and able to prioritise workloads across multiple Universal clients
- Confident and professional with strong communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to interrogate data
- Proven experience working across online and offline media, preferably on a multi-market basis
- Good understanding of the digital channel mix and how it works together
- Experience with key tools (TGI, Comscore, Addynamix)
- Strong computer skills – especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Pro-active and inquisitive – with a passion to learn and embody MediaCom’s culture