Paid Search Team Manager
MediaCom – Search Team Manager
Overview of job
Responsible for leading the day to day planning and strategy, team management, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver client growth, and meeting efficiency targets.
The Search Team Manager will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have advanced knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence search.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director who oversees the team.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on well-known, exciting brands
- An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach, whilst being progressive in the search space.
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns and has fun along the way.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Proven to be the day to day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Overseen the team’s workflow management, from brief to post-campaign analysis, striving for operational effectiveness
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short- and long-term projects to develop the search accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Worked closely with client planning team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained a complete understanding of the clients’ business and their needs and have the ability to shape search strategy in line with it, whilst not forgetting industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the clients’ teams, providing added value for paid search and beyond.
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports and peers alike.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with the Digital Planners on innovative search strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
- Oversee the workflow management and training their direct reports.
- Share learnings and best practice with the wider search community of 50 across 7 Business Groups.
External and Internal Communication
- Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media partners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the support of the Digital Managers and Directors when required.
- In-depth paid search specialist experience
- Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards a strict cost per conversion target
- Up to date with Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising developments
- Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets may change
- A strong understanding of other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360) or Marin Software
- Savvy lead of automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management, reporting)
What you will need:
- Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and target
- A savvy people manager who is approachable and supportive
- A team lead who strives for excellence and inspires direct reports along the way
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Able to delegate and escalate swiftly
- Understand the client’s business and the challenges they face
- A strong communicator who presents with conviction
- Reliable and organised
- Keen to establish a collaborative relationship with our client contacts
- A real team player who keeps internal stakeholders updated
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes Sky, DFS, Tesco, Groupe PSA/Vauxhall, Adidas and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en