Account Manager - eBay, Coca Cola, Lindt
MediaCom Job description 05.11.19
Overview of job
Media Manager role in Planning on some of the most exciting and biggest brands in the agency; eBay who bill over £30m+ on brand advertising alone and Coca Cola £50m+ along with Lindt who spend £15m annually.
All 3 clients are based in London/Greater London which means we can build close relationships with lots of face to face meetings.
Both Coca Cola and eBay have been award winning clients this year at Media Week and Campaign and this continues to be a key focus for the team to ensure we’re pushing boundaries and continuing to do award winning work.
This role will focus on the “New Beverage” categories of Coca Cola. These include smartwater, Honest, Aquarius, Fuze Tea but also Schweppes. With such a wide range of clients across these, eBay and Lindt this gives the manager a vast range of experience across different client marketing challenges with very different target audiences.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Tracey Frost (Associate Director on eBay), Jon Price (Associate Director on Coca Cola) and Sarah Glassey (Associate Director on Lindt).
3 best things about the job:
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive and ambitious team
- The work – you’ll do industry leading, big brand, strategic planning
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Begun to build strong relationships with team mates, clients, and agency partners, becoming a trusted strategic partner.
- Gained a strong understanding of the culture and values of MediaCom. Particularly our planning philosophy, having been introduced to Systems Planning, our proprietary and market leading planning process.
In six months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a key member of the Planning team, acting as an invaluable support to your AD and trusted agency partner to your clients.
- Taken responsibility for agreed work streams, presented responses to brief to the clients F2F and become increasingly confident in Systems Planning.
In 12 months, you would have:
- A very clear and defined development plan, with clear objectives, identified training and development needs, to help you to grow.
- Be leading by example, inspiring and motivating the Exec that reports into you. Be confident in Systems Planning and be encouraging a strong culture in the team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build a strong relationship with eBay, Coca Cola and Lindt clients, to become a trusted strategic partner.
- Lead weekly eBay all-agency meetings and co-ordinate closely with multiple clients and agencies.
- Lead Coca Cola brand manager status meetings for the brands you will look after and be the first point of contact for them (For brands such as Schweppes, Honest, smartwater, Aquarius and Fuze Tea)
- Lead the development, sell-in and delivery of planning work on agreed projects.
- Own the eBay annual/quarterly plans and system map for these planning projects.
- Own the brief to Connect/MBA on specific campaigns– developing briefs that are inspirational, rigorous, and clear.
- Be an expert when it comes to the eBay, Coca Cola and Lindt target audiences who are all very different
- Be an expert in the UK media market place
- Planning support for AD for major projects.
- Lead ad-hoc requests for clients.
- Develop good relationships with other departments that work on the account.
- Manage, and delegate effectively to, the junior members of the team.
- Take responsibility for developing planning skills
- Line management responsibilities for junior members within the eBay, Coca Cola and Lindt teams
- Participate in stretch sessions.
What you will need:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
In June 2018 Mediacom went through a restructure that resulted in the agency being put into six Business Units made up of billings between £180m-£250m, consisting of a mix of different sized accounts. Within these Business Units there are a range of teams from buying (marketplace) , implementation planning (connect) and planning. This reorganisation has helped to improve service to clients by becoming more agile and integrated, made it easier for everyone to do their jobs and has given people more opportunity to learn different skills and grow their career. This role sits in Business Unit 4, headed up by one of the Managing Partners, Victoria Appleby.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report. MediaCom also won Agency of the Year at the Media Week Awards 2018.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en