Media Planner - Vauxhall
Overview of job
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant Communications Planner to work on the Vauxhall account in the UK.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Cameron Davies (Associate Director).
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on a new prestigious European car client and one of the biggest billing accounts in MediaCom London
- The opportunity to be a leading figure within an integrated agency team to ensure media is at the heart of creative and effective communications solutions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists across data and tech, advertising, social and partnerships etc. in a team that fully integrates media and content.
- The chance to take a lead role in raising the bar of how we approach media and communications planning - from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners that set the new standard and reinvigorate their brand within the UK market to once again stand out as a brand people love and connect with.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Became an expert in the basics of the account and the ways of working between all MediaCom teams/departments
- Provided evidence of sound written and oral communication
In six months, you would have:
- Developed a good relationship with multiple stakeholders, in particular our clients and agency partners across various disciplines
- Provided tangible contributions to planning work and brainstorming sessions
- A good grasp of the client’s target audiences and products
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become proactive with the day-to-day account management and planning, and effectively be able to answer client requests without guidance
- Shown evidence of work that has been done to a high standard with little input from your line manager
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work openly and collaboratively with immediate Planning teams, Investment teams and external agencies in order to help develop strategic solutions, plans and innovative ideas that pushes the ordinary to the extraordinary
- Develop a sound knowledge of all media channels and keep abreast of all new and emerging media opportunities
- Oversee all current campaigns and work with relevant teams to ensure the seamless execution and implementation of campaigns. Be able to provide instantaneous campaign updates to senior management and clients.
- Develop an understanding and champion MediaCom’s Systems Planning process
- Help to keep track of budgetary and financial information for all campaigns
- Have/develop a strong knowledge of desktop research and planning tools (e.g.
- AdDynamix, TGI) and use these to glean important insight
- Keen to embrace new methods of data-led insight generation to fuel planning
- Demonstrate an active interest in clients’ business, marketplace and audiences, and identify relevant opportunities that arise
- Demonstrate an active interest in competitor activity and communicate relevant info and learnings to the client through updates and formal reports
- Willingly meet media owners relevant to the client’s business and feedback relevant opportunities to the wider team
- Analyse research studies and current trends to identify key insights and communicate these to the client when applicable
- Have the ability (when necessary) to confidently speak and provide relevant updates in a client meeting, in a manner that meets the clients’ expectations
- Take a proactive approach in solving client queries
What you will need:
- Be passionate about cars and the automotive sector
- Have a passion for the craft of communications planning and will have the ability to create strategies that will have a ground breaking impact on your client’s business. Putting data and tech at the heart of our connected communication strategies is fundamental.
- Love being part of a global network and working collaboratively with international colleagues where required
- Understand the power of viewing the communication and media landscape as a connected network
- Have good attention to detail
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en