Web Analytics Analyst
Web Analytics Analyst
If you require any adjustments or additional support during the recruitment process, for any reason whatsoever, please let us know at [email protected]
At EssenceMediacom we want to eradicate inequity. We don't tolerate it and when we see it, we act. We attract, support and develop our talent without bias and strive to foster the empathy, creativity and diversity of thought needed to drive meaningful change for our people, our clients, our industry and our society. WPP and GroupM have already made strong commitments to combat racial injustice. While we are part of this group, we know we have an individual responsibility as an employer and an industry leader to fight against racism. That’s why we have pledged the following seven commitments.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, that’s okay, and we encourage you to apply anyway to find out more about whether this is the right match for you.
Did you know that marginalised groups including women, people of colour and people with a disability are more likely to discount themself for a role if they don't feel they meet every requirement or understand the reasonable adjustment that can be made? This is why we encourage connection and conversation to ensure that everyone has the opportunity and information needed to find the right role, for them. If this role isn’t quite right, you may be the perfect fit for another – so go ahead, apply and find out!
Overview of role
EssenceMediacom is looking for a Web Analytics Analyst to join our rapidly expanding UK Google Practice team. If you are passionate about data, keeping up to date with new technologies and have a good eye for detail, this is the role for you.
You will be a key member of our Analytics team, helping consult with clients to implement and optimise their digital performance through their analytics platform, with a focus on integration within the wider digital media environment.
You will become the voice of analytics, taking on the responsibility of promoting our services and expertise through the wider agency, ensuring we always deliver top quality work and scale our success by following best practice processes.
The role will require excellent communication skills as you will be required to build and manage relationships with our clients and internal investment teams.
Having worked in a similar role elsewhere, you will be extremely knowledgeable with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Looker Studio and other web technologies.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive media agencies in the world! You’ll have opportunities to gain exposure to our tech, our amazing internal teams and our industry-leading clients and the chance to build your career and your future the way you want it!
Reporting of the role
This role reports into our Data and Analytics Partner, who oversees the Analytics team.
3 best things about the job
1. Working closely with Google on a variety of clients to deliver a first-class analytics solution
2. A supportive working environment to promote a healthy work-life harmony
3. Continuous mentorship and learning to support both career and personal development
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Supported the team with multiple client requests, providing your expertise as needed
In six months, you would have:
- Become the point of contact for client accounts, and be seen as a mentor to the more junior members of the team
In 12 months, you would have:
- Supported pitches for new business and help onboard new client wins
Responsibilities of the role
- Help to build great client relationships
- Be an analytics expert across the team as well as across the other teams in the agency
- Support on the development of measurement and data strategies
- Present analytics results and recommendations to a wide variety of technical and non-technical clients
- Support new business opportunities
- Work with senior analysts and the team to embed or iterate our analytics processes
- Work with the team to embed new analytics tools within the business
- Support to increase adoption and training of analytic tools across the agency and our clients
- Mentoring the junior members of the team with their development
What you will need
- Experience in a similar role
- Advanced skills using the Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, and other analytics platforms
- Advanced skills implementing custom Google Tag Manager tracking or similar
- Visualising data through dashboards and reports
- Excellent MS Excel, numerical ability and attention to detail
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritise and manage projects
- Strong ability to develop relationships with a range of professionals
- Feed insights and findings into internal teams to improve analysis for clients
- In-depth understanding of digital marketing, CRO and ad operations (Desirable)
- Be confident in making recommendations to clients about how they use and manage data
- An enthusiasm to support our people and our clients with innovative web analytics solutions
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediaCom*