Business Intelligence Product Manager
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
• GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Maxus, MediaCom, MEC and MindShare.
• Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
• The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
The Role Objective
• Manage the entire lifecycle of BI projects, from setting up client specific instance, creating bespoke data visualisations, to leverage existing self-service dashboard offerings.
• Work with database developers to determine and create data models that cater for client data visualisation requirements, and extract data from a wide variety of sources and stores (from fully automated cloud repositories to the humble spreadsheet)
• Create and manage delivery of visualisations across multiple BI tools (including Power BI, Tableau, bespoke in-house and 3rd party licensed ‘white labelled’ software, etc.)
• Understand and analyse client brief and requirements, manage scope of work accordingly and generate tasks list for development teams.
• Provide on-going client service, answer enquiries, train end users and be a specialist point of contact for internal and external user groups.
• Maintain ongoing report deliveries through the visualisation tools, including implementing change requests and escalating issues to technical teams and project stakeholders.
• Be a first line point of contact for bugs and issues, log them in a tracking tool and manage incident resolution workflow.
• Manage and develop an ongoing program of ‘surgery’ sessions on visualisation tools to promote adoption and best practice within the MediaCom Global Client teams.
• Manage internal stakeholders briefs and support new business, through the setup of sandbox sites for presentation of our services and capabilities.
• Work with the Project Director and Global Development and Tech teams (located in Ann Arbor, Guangzhou, London) to establish and champion best practice for all elements of BI tools development, implementation and maintenance.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent understanding of Excel, including Power Pivot
• Excellent understanding of Digital advertising and data.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
• Relevant experience of software product development and management
• Understanding of the concept of formal Project Management methodology
• Strong skills in Tableau and/or Power BI
• Knowledge of ETL protocols and tools
• Experience of having used Data Analysis Xpressions
• Experience of SQL (queries of data, connecting to tables, etc.)
• Experience of working in a technical service offering/ITIL support environment