Manager - Media Engineering
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.comOverview of role:
Working within the Media Engineering team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. You will also be responsible for managing a small team of Engineers, supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions. A Media Engineering Manager understands various digital technology systems and ways of working to effectively activate digital campaigns and to consult with clients on site tagging strategy. They need to have excellent technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an extensive experience in implementing digital campaigns. Experience in managing a team is preferred, but not essential. A successful Media Engineering Manager can oversee the day-to-day setup of their campaigns, liaising with the team to ensure tracking requirements are met, as well as developing a trusted relationship with their colleagues in other MediaCom departments and with the client’s media team.
Reporting of the role:
You will report into Media Engineering Director
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to constantly learn on the job and work on some of the most prestigious clients in the UK.
- Working at the forefront of digital technology, which is forever growing and changing, developing innovative solutions to benefit your clients.
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture both virtually and in person.
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships with your internal stakeholders and clients.
- Understood the key aspects of our major accounts
- Been delivering accurate campaign setups and thorough testing.
- Thought about ways in which elements of your key account setup can be approved
- Attended client meetings with support from ADs to establish the above
- Understood your team’s development needs and KPIs, having had regular 121 sessions with them.
- Started to progress technical solutions for improvements identified in your first 3 months.
- Developed a good grasp of how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class digital work.
- Gained an understanding of the scope of work across our major accounts and learnt how to scope up a project cost
- Ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team and to delegate work efficiently
- Identified ways in which we can grow our commerciality across key accounts and within the wider team
- Fully implement some of the proposed technical solutions for the improvement of the account setup.
- Understand the annual trends in our client’s digital activity and idealise some of the ways of working and best practice for the next 12 months.
- Fully leading a key account without guidance, understanding, and responding to all challenges, implementing solutions, and working with a partnership attitude alongside the client.
- Oversee the efficient implementation of campaigns, whilst thoroughly managing the ad-server network, ensuring best practice is followed and maintained.
- Ensure that all web analytics, behavioural targeting, and other optimisation technologies are implemented correctly in the execution of digital advertising campaigns.
- To be experienced in using Google Campaign Manager, Flashtalking or any other named 3rd party ad-server.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the digital technology marketplace, whether from an agency, media owner or ad tech background.
- To liaise with the relevant creative agencies to ensure that all creative meets requirements and is effectively executed, with a focus on any dynamic creative approach.
- Analyse and develop tracking on the client’s digital properties to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place.
- Support the onboarding of new business into the agency
- Manage assigned custom projects from start to finish using AGILE techniques, and ensure all relevant documentation is produced and shared
- Identify ways of increasing commercial value to the team, either on bespoke projects or by increasing client activity
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with our internal account teams and client marketing/digital/technical teams.
- Can present information effectively via email, on client calls and in client meetings and workshops.
- Can explain complex technical solutions in a clear and precise way to someone of any background and level
- Act as an escalation point for team dealing with challenging issues and complex custom technical solutions
- Ensure that digital media systems are integrated, and that data processing is accurately available and optimised
- Effectively manage and prioritise workload, both in terms of day-to-day tasks and further projects, whilst assisting more junior members of the team in the same.
- Complete regular 121s with the team to discuss any challenges, technical solutions, training needs and to set KPIs and development plans
- Efficiently delegate to and ensure your team’s training needs are met.
- Identify achievements or potential issues within the team and ensure these are correctly escalated to the ADs and head of department
- Act as a strong influencer and a role model for the more junior members in the team
- Assist the ADs and head of department with other management tasks
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
- Can present information effectively either via conference call, email, or face to face
- Engage with efforts to combat the changes in the digital landscape, such as the demise of the cookie or complying with consent mechanisms put in place for user data security
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a digital technology, ad operations or similar role.
- Advanced experience of trafficking and campaign management.
- A wider knowledge of the full Google Stack including Google Analytics.
- Experience of tag management or consultancy on tag implementation onto web pages
- Understanding of a variety of different digital channels.
- Strong knowledge of measurement tools and ad-servers (e.g., Nielsen, CM360, Flashtalking)
- A keen eye for spotting issues and developing improvements where necessary.
- Excellent communication skills via email, on the phone and face to face
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process.
- Good delegation skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Some experience in managing a small team, or overseeing an individual’s training and development
- Commercial awareness and understanding
If you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom*
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.