Machine Sales Representative
Machine Sales Representative
The Machine Sales Representative (MSR) is responsible for the sell and lease of material handling equipment, primarily Caterpillar, Mitsubishi, Jungheinrich, Kalmar, used forklift trucks, and Douglas brand batteries and chargers. Additionally, the MSR is responsible for selling allied products, total maintenance and repair agreements and short-term rentals in a specific territory as designated by the Company. Ideal candidates will possess a passion for customer service and desire to go above and beyond the expectations.
- Company supplied vehicle, phone, laptop, iPad
- Expense reimbursement
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- A four-year college degree or two + years of equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Extensive knowledge of the entire sales process is necessary: basic selling skills in product knowledge, prospecting, planning, cultivating, discovery, quoting, presentations, closing and follow-up.
- Strong communication, organizational, & time management skills required with the ability to adapt to different customer personalities
- Strong phone & in-person sales etiquette; ability to cold-call
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business requirements from a customer’s perspective. Generate reports as needed with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, & the ability to safely operate lift trucks required.
- Operator Safety Training Certification
- Material Handling industry experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manage and maintain existing customer base
- Increase equipment market share for territory through new sale opportunities
- Increase rental fleet utilization through acquisition of new rental customers
- Manage travel to provide ample coverage of entire territory
- Prompt and thorough response to every customer request with follow-up as needed
- Manage deadlines and sales goals as well as make decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA Group Companies do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA Group Companies to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA Group Companies will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA Group Companies via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.