An Account Manager is employed to sell material handling equipment, primarily Caterpillar and Mitsubishi forklift trucks and used forklift trucks of all makes. Additionally, the Account Manager is responsible for selling allied products, maintenance and repair agreements and short- term rentals in a specific territory as designated by the Company. Account Managers will have specific accounts assigned to them.
- A four year college degree or two + years of equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2 or more years’ experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge of the entire sales process is necessary: basic selling skills in product knowledge, prospecting, and planning, cultivating, discovery, presentations, closing and follow-up.
- Strong communication, organizational, & time management skills required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental requirements.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; as well as a basic understanding of financial and leasing principles.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and make decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible Team Player.
- Ability to adopt and promote a “team attitude”; willing to enthusiastically work with others within the Sales Department and with other employees in other departments.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, & the ability to safely operate lift trucks required.
- Operator Safety Training.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA Group Companies do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA Group Companies to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA Group Companies will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA Group Companies via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.