To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- College degree is highly preferred, but NOT required based on sales experience level.
- 4+ years of experience in an outside sales related environment.
- Strong communication, organizational follow and time management skills required.
- Strong telephone and in-person sales etiquette; ability to cold-call.
- Goal oriented and driven to achieve success.
- Self-motivated, results driven, team player.
- Ability to work and manage a heavy workload indecently with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn, openness, adaptability and the ability to apply what is learned.
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Ability to generate reports and business communication.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems from a fundamental standpoint.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to adapt to different customer personalities.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and the ability to safely operate lift trucks.
- Ability to meet deadlines and make critical decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities accordingly.
- Competent computer skills and literate in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Flexible team player.
- Operator Safety Training Certified.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in business or related field.
- Battery experience is preferred but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude (a definite plus)
- Bilingual English/Spanish also helpful