Rental and Used Equipment Manager
Rental and Used Transportation Manager
Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Office/General Manager and the General Sales Manager of the company the Rental / Used Supervisor is responsible for leading the Rental and Used business units to overall growth and profitability, maintaining good communication focused on customer retention and development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes rentals of forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Supports the sales team in procuring needed used equipment for remarketing.
- Recommends retail verses wholesale disposition of trade-in machinery.
- Recommends to senior management the acquisition of certain off-lease equipment from finance companies from time to time.
- Works with the marketing team to maintain current availability reports, photographs, condition reports and sales prices for used equipment.
- Supervises the refurbishment of used units intended for retail sale with a focus on meeting deadlines, maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations.
- Monitors rental fleet utilization performance.
- Monitors used equipment inventory aging and bring issues to senior management for corrective action.
- Monitors rental fleet maintenance expenses while keeping fleet in reliable operational condition.
- Monitors contract maintenance expenses to maximize profitability while assuring good customer uptime.
- Direct Customer Damage billing on rental machines and contract maintenance machines.
- Assists Sales Manager where needed.
Required/Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to the forces around him/her—customers, suppliers, co-workers, and other vendors.
- 5 years of relevant experience in an equipment rental environment.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable interacting with senior management team in the day to day management of rental and used operations.
- Must possess good customer services skills both on the phone and occasional customer site visits.
- Maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required.
- Ability to lift 50-pounds to waist level, bend at waist to 90-degrees, kneel and reach to 20” when needed.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Forklift certification (provided at time of employment).
- Must follow all company safety rules including wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment.
- Oversee the hauling department to support rental logistics.
- Manage contract maintenance billing activities.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA Group Companies do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA Group Companies to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA Group Companies will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA Group Companies via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.