Parts Counterperson 3
Parts Counterperson 3
The Parts Counter Clerk III sells parts and equipment in the repair facility or parts shop. Checks field and shop repair work orders for parts billed and charges out necessary parts on work orders. Coordinates with Parts Management to ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory accuracy and timely delivery of parts to OEM/Contract maintainers. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all parts related storage/issue/tracking issues.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or nine years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, catalogs, computer displays, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees.
- Knowledge of automated equipment such as computer terminals, bar code wands, and laser scanning equipment used to read, store, and query, route, and track data.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to load, unload, and move materials within or near storage areas and work sites that are in close proximity to operational areas.
- Flexible team player
- Ability to provide sound advice and technical assistance to those with less experience.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Specific experience within the material handling field performing the basic job functions described.
- Extensive knowledge of all brands and makes of forklifts and same knowledge of suppliers both OEM and Aftermarket as sources of supply.
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Forklift Driver Certification (Required after 90 Days).
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA Group Companies do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA Group Companies to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA Group Companies will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA Group Companies via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.