As a Service Tech, you will provide professional, timely and accurate repair of customer equipment and machinery. You will be responsible for three primary duties for each repair call you make: you will repair equipment, complete and submit all documentation and data via your computer and create excellent relationships with the customers you serve.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Technicians must be able to; diagnose various components, perform all major and minor repairs, maintain a clean service truck and order parts. This position comes with a fully equipped service truck, so applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to be considered.
- Troubleshooting customer equipment problems by observing/listening to operating machines and/or equipment to determine root cause. This diagnosis will determine if adjustment and/or repair is necessary.
- May be required to dismantle machinery/equipment to evaluate the issue and to determine if parts replacement is necessary.
- After adjustment and/or repair the technician will assemble and test operate the machinery/equipment to ensure problem has been resolved.
- Completing each repair job in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Documenting all job info using laptop computer, including time, job code, repair code and changes to your parts inventory.
- Maintaining your own parts inventory based on the parts you carry in your van (taking counts of parts, tracking part usage and restocking inventory as needed).
- Completing and submitting all required paperwork.
- Embodying SCMH culture of providing the best and most responsive customer service possible, consistently maintaining your integrity, ethics and accountability as well.
Must have strong mechanical skills and a personal drive to learn and to improve yourself and your skill sets. Specific qualifications for the Service Tech position include:
- Strong automotive mechanical or electrical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to provide your own hand tools (some specialized tools will be provided by the company).
- Solid computer skills, particularly data entry.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Good analytic skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more and to crouch and/or crawl in confined areas.
- Safety equipment reimbursement program including boots, glasses, and gloves for our technician department.
- Health Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Company paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401(k) with company match.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA Group Companies do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA Group Companies to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA Group Companies will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA Group Companies via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.