Buyer / Expeditor
Buyer - Expeditor
At Rapidparts, we Partner to be the Edge in Product Support. We are successful when we exceed the expectations of our employees, owner, customers, and vendors as their partners.
Your primary role as Buyer is as follows:
- Procurement of inventory stocked in multiple warehouses.
- Approving system recommendations for inventory replenishment.
- Analyzing data within multiple ERP systems (SAP, Infor, etc.) for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzing, regulating, and expediting inventory utilizing various SQL reporting tools.
- Filling backorders in a quick and efficient manner.
- Performing impact analysis of cost changes and recommendations.
- Maintaining vendor item and vendor contact data integrity within our ERP systems.
- Making sure we have the highest quality goods and service at the lowest cost while building strong relationships within our supply chain.
Education: BS/BA preferred with a Business emphasis
Job Experience: 2+ years
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) / SQL knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Inventory Control Systems or ERP systems a plus.
- Exemplary communication skills, which include the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with worldwide supply base.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and have discerning attention to details.
- Keeps a customer focus when developing ideas/solutions.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
Each year we will work together to define the key success measures (KPI’s) and initiatives you will own that help the Rapidparts team:
- deliver on our purpose,
- provide our owner with the return they expect,
- enables employees to contribute to and be part of an inspiring culture.
Vision & Purpose
As an employee at Rapidparts, your job is to deliver on our Vision and Purpose of being MCFA’s and Dealer’s Competitive Edge in Product Support.
Our Vision is to provide global leadership by partnering with dealers to supply the products they need and an integrated suite of solutions that connects equipment, customers, dealers and the OEM. We summarize this in our purpose which is “to be the edge in product support”.
- Employees at Rapidparts are expected to nurture our culture where we:
- Own it and get it done right.
- Constantly want to improve.
- Are given the trust and resources to make a difference.
- Value people and relationships.
- Share successes and reward results.
- Are clear and unified.
Behaviors that align with our Values
As a member of the Rapidparts team, there are behaviors we look for that help nurture our culture and fulfill our purpose. You job is to live these out by focusing on:
- Be where you’re supposed to be on time – prepared, engaged, and ready to participate.
- Set challenging, yet reasonable deadlines and meet them.
- Do what you say you’ll do every time.
- Be respectful of people’s time – end meetings 5 minutes early to keep on schedule
- Use the “sunset rule” – respond to or acknowledge emails and phone calls before the sun goes down.
- Effectively communicate achievements and communicate your plans if they affect others.
- Take responsibility for failures quickly and candidly.
- Be respectful of others – say hello, smile, stay drama free, be present, make the coffee.
- Have a willingness to work with others – use others to enhance performance, ask for help, offer to help, show up and engage.
- Work with our purpose of being the EDGE in mind.
- Say ‘no’ if it doesn’t fit our mission, vision, or purpose.
- With every activity or job, know what success looks like
- Ask questions upfront to get clarity.
- Define and understand clear, measurable metrics for teams and individuals.
- Pursue continuous improvement for yourself; help others do the same.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA Group Companies do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA Group Companies to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA Group Companies will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA Group Companies via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.