Industrial Engineer/ Value Stream Technician
Value Stream Engineering Technician
This is a front-line position requiring good proactive and reactive communication as it acts as the direct liaison to the production area regarding part availability and improving material availability and flow while directly overseeing the management of the 2-BIN process and assisting in material readiness and line side presentation efforts through the Value Stream Associate position and is the central point of contact in the Assembly areas regarding part availability.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- High School Diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
- 5 years Manufacturing / Industry experience to include forklift operation and certificate in place.
- MS Office (specially word and excel), BPCS/AS400.
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Desired Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications / Licenses
- Lean Manufacturing experience or knowledge.
- 1-2 years industrial engineering college experience and/or material logistics related training.
- Experience in working with Engineering within manufacturing operations.
- Material handling/coordination or warehouse experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Able to report out in front of large groups.
Equipment and Tools Used
- Hand Held Scanning Equipment.
- Various material presentation methods.
- Indoors and outdoors.
- Non-climate controlled manufacturing plant environment.
- Various tripping hazards.
- Moving equipment requiring bending, lifting, and twisting.
- Forklift and Tugger operation.
- Exposure to gas, electricity, flammable materials, welding arc flash, laser radiation.
- Independent mobility within plant frequently.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to handle small items and computer keyboard.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle stock constantly.
- Driving Forklifts or Tuggers.
- Frequent handling of material from floor to waist of up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and talking sufficient to communicate with coworkers frequently.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read and for safety in plant area.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. frequently and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Push/pull up to 40 lbs. frequently and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
MCFA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Any unsolicited resumes from a third party will become the property of MCFA to use at the company’s discretion, with the understanding that MCFA will not be billed a fee for any such resumes. If a company is designated as an approved vendor, then said company can only provide assistance on those positions expressly requested by MCFA via a formal written agreement of support. If you would like to be considered as an approved vendor, please contact the Manager of Talent Acquisition.