At Rapidparts, we Partner to be the Edge in Product Support. We are successful when we exceed the expectations of our employees, owner, customers, and vendors as their partners.
Your primary role as Web Developer is as follows:
- Software development: Develop and provide on-going support for web-based and non-web-based applications to meet business requirements and web standards.
- Quality Control: Communicate and advocate coding and testing standards. Be open to feedback and update code as necessary after code reviews. Form test cases around user requirements to ensure acceptance criteria is understood and met.
- Documentation: Create technical documentation based on functional and architectural requirements.
- Project Management: Own work breakdown and point estimation of relevant tasks. Be accountable for on time delivery of backlog items in given iteration.
- Help desk: Troubleshoot user-reported problems; coordinate activities of outside support help when required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: 1-3 years
- Experience in our stack (C# / ASP.NET MVC / SQL Server)
- Experience working with web services
- Experience using ORMs like nHibernate is a plus
- Familiar with Agile Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Desired: SOLID Development Principles, Design Patterns, Unit Testing
- Desired: Continuous integration, Git, Azure, Azure DevOps
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A team player with high integrity that is committed to continuous improvement
- Keeps a customer focus when developing solutions
- Understands computer science and business analysis
- Motivated and disciplined programmer who can move quickly around the .Net development environment
- Proven ability to quickly investigate, learn and deliver technical solutions
- Proven ability to master new development tools and passion for learning
Each year we will work together to define the key success measures (KPI’s) and initiatives you will own that help the Rapidparts team:
- deliver on our purpose,
- provide our owner with the return they expect,
- enables employees to contribute to and be part of an inspiring culture
Vision & Purpose:
As an employee at Rapidparts, your job is to deliver on our Vision and Purpose of being MCFA’s and Dealer’s Competitive Edge in Product Support.
Our Vision is to provide global leadership by partnering with dealers to supply the products they need and an integrated suite of solutions that connects equipment, customers, dealers and the OEM. We summarize this in our purpose which is “to be the edge in product support”.
Employees at Rapidparts are expected to nurture our culture where we:
- Own it and get it done right
- Constantly want to improve
- Are given the trust and resources to make a difference
- Value people and relationships.
- Share successes and reward results
- Are clear and unified
Behaviors that align with our Values:
As a member of the Rapidparts team, there are behaviors we look for that help nurture our culture and fulfill our purpose. You job is to live these out by focusing on:
- Be where you’re supposed to be on time – prepared, engaged, and ready to participate
- Set challenging, yet reasonable deadlines and meet them
- Do what you say you’ll do every time
- Be respectful of people’s time – end meetings 5 minutes early to keep on schedule
- Use the “sunset rule” – respond to or acknowledge emails and phone calls before the sun goes down
- Effectively communicate achievements and communicate your plans if they affect others
- Take responsibility for failures quickly and candidly
- Be respectful of others – say hello, smile, stay drama free, be present, make the coffee
- Have a willingness to work with others – use others to enhance performance, ask for help, offer to help, show up and engage
- Work with our purpose of being the EDGE in mind
- Say ‘no’ if it doesn’t fit our mission, vision, or purpose
- With every activity or job, know what success looks like
- Ask questions upfront to get clarity
- Define and understand clear, measurable metrics for teams and individuals
- Pursue continuous improvement for yourself; help others do the same