Software Development Team Lead
Are you an expert in one or more of the following: Node.js, Go, C++, Object-oriented PHP, MySQL, Ruby on Rails?
Do you have at least 4 years Service or Web development, with at least 2 years in an area of specialization?
If yes, read on . . .
McClatchy is seeking a talented Software Developer to lead of our Back End Development team for our innovation-focused, product-driven, technology hub in downtown Raleigh.
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Learn a little bit about us: This is McClatchy
McClatchy's IT group creates, deploys, and maintains mission-critical software that powers over seventy periodical Web sites, including miamiherald.com, charlotteobserver.com, and newsobserver.com (Raleigh, NC). All of the Web sites are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers. Additionally, McClatchy's IT group supports all of the Web sites with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service.
As our Software Development Team Lead, you will design solutions, create proof of concepts, mentor developers, perform code reviews and explore new technologies that would fit into our existing enterprise architecture.
You will work closely with colleagues, multidisciplinary Agile teams, the department head, product owners, and others to define deliverables, divide and conquer assignments, design solutions, and write code.
- Structured design and development in a service oriented architecture
- SQL database design and development
- Design and development of unit test modules
- Peer code reviews
- Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
- Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel
- After hours availability for emergency issues.
- 4-6 years of professional programming experience
- At least 2 years in any of the aforementioned areas of expertise
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary agile team
- Enterprise scale software development
- 2 years MySQL (or similar relational database) development and deployment
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
- Modern software design patterns; development in a team environment
- Solid knowledge of Unix or Linux, the command-line, scripting, configuration and administration
- Customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- XSLT transform
- System integrations
- REST API structure and usage
- Test driven development, unit tests, test automation
- Web Services in a Service Oriented Architecture