Team Lead, Inside Sales SMB
Inside Sales Team Lead is a large contributor to the overall success of the Advertising business for the McClatchy Company. This position will be responsible for driving revenue from their own account list and the lists of their team. The Lead is focused on retaining current account base, increasing revenue per account and acquiring new business. This position will promote a winning culture.
This position will work closely with the Call Center Director at our Irving, TX location in order to provide superior customer service and ultimately achieve revenue objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Call Center Director to determine and implement sales goals for the (Small-Medium Businesses) SMB Sales Team.
- ensure that team revenues help to achieve the overall and budget for the McClatchy Co.
- Assist in the transition of McClatchy markets to the centralized call center.
- Hold team accountable to maintain, cultivate and grow assigned accounts.
- Understand and coach each team member on the sales process.
- Lead by example via Salesforce adoption.
- Assist in developing sales strategies.
- Assist team members in developing results based solutions.
- Train new hires to the SMB Sales Team.
- Insure that adjustments for the SMB team is kept to 1% or less than total revenues.
- Communicate and build productive relationships with in market reps as well as management.
- Take a leadership role on new projects and integrating these concepts into sales plans.
- Monitor local market and industry trends and provide management with updates, strength, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Correspond with existing and prospective advertisers, as necessary, concerning advertising rates, policy issues and solicit new business.
- Responsible for the department’s adherence to all applicable safety policies and procedures.
Assist Call Center Director in revenue projections.
Other duties as assigned.
Supervises an SMB Sales Team for McClatchy C3.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field, or Equivalent experience through work in marketing, sales or service.
- 3 to 5 years of sales management experience, preferably in advertising field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be highly professional and present outstanding and positive image for company with dress, speech, behavior, action and communication.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent grammatical, spelling, and editing skills.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accustomed to working in an environment where workflow and activities are documented in technology tools.
- Highly ethical and confidential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Motivated and organized in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle high volume and deadline pressure every day.
- Proven skills in professional business communication and time management.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Visually oriented with graphic design, composition and color knowledge.
- Able to effectively deal with customers and sales executives in a pleasant and helpful manner.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.