The Kansas City Star is looking for an Industrial Electrician to support our fast-paced deadline-driven production operation, located in the Press Pavilion directly south of the Sprint Center.
The position is responsible for ensuring equipment meets electrical compliance code, is proficient in the use of testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes. Most importantly, the candidate must possess excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failures by reading and comprehending blue prints and then determining how to resolve the issue.
- Certificate in Electrical Technology/Industrial Maintenance, or equivalent work experience
- Basic computer skills • Strong customer service orientation and ability to establish strong working relationships
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to contribute in a team environment
- Requires constant standing, the ability to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl in order to access machinery.
- Must be available to work night shift or day shift