Data Strategy and Reporting Specialist
Are you passionate about using data to tell a marketing story?
We have a great opportunity for a driven Data Strategy and Reporting Specialist at excelerate Digital, McClatchy’s national digital marketing agency.
The Data Strategy and Reporting Specialist gathers digital marketing data from multiple platforms and combines it with insights from our media buyers to deliver impactful reporting that makes sense to our clients.
A bit more about this role:
- This is a collaborative, hands-on marketing data and analytics role
- The Specialist is a hybrid -- part digital marketer, part analyst
- Our day to day is dynamic and you will be directly involved in improving our data integration infrastructure, internal processes, and collaborating with the rest of our marketing strategy and fulfillment team to turn data points into holistic stories for our clients
- Being part of the agency reporting team offers a learning environment where you will strengthen your understanding of digital marketing platforms, data manipulation & management, and digital marketing strategy
The location for this position is in our downtown Raleigh, NC office.
- Develop, implement and modify data management and delivery strategy for clients and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with senior leadership and product strategists to develop proprietary reporting structures that drive efficient and effective decision-making across the organization.
- Identify data needs related to our existing partners.
- Build processes, best practices, and how-to documentation with the purpose of scaling adoption of products across a national company.
- Build and provide customized scheduled and ad-hoc reporting aggregating raw data from multiple sources and digesting the data in simple to read, visual reports.
- Architect and manage data models in our data management platforms.
- Work with market support teams to build out training programs and materials to help employees understand our reporting and data deliverables and capabilities.
- Consult with database teams and data scientists to meet the evolving needs of excelerate.
- Bachelors degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with data access, transformation and visualization platforms including Google Data Studio, MySQL, SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Datorama/Domo, Cognos, Qlikview, Google Analytics, Google BigQuery, Amazon RedShift
- Strong consultant skills
- Knowledgeable in numerous forms of digital advertising, including SEM, social, display, native, mobile, email, SEO, website design, reputation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, macros)
- 1+ years of digital agency experience - Strongly Desired