Account Executive - CA
McClatchy media company is the place to work if you are looking for a thrilling, leading-edge work environment where you can grow and develop your professional skills. We are looking for a talented individual to join our Advertising Sales Division, as an Account Executive for our In-Market Sales Team. Our impact is growing every day. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger and we want you to be part of that! The successful candidate will be responsible to drive growth through new accounts and upsell of existing accounts.We are currently looking for an innovative and experienced Account Executive with proven success managing, selling, and executing strategic objectives to exceed *Advertising *revenue goals. Someone who possesses a strong business development background utilizing a consultative sales approach. You will need to prospect qualified candidates, consult to identify growth opportunities and deliver a compelling marketing strategy with an extensive, first-class digital portfolio *and more*.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is between $66,000 and $75,000. Individual base pay may vary within that range depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, relevant education, department equity, training, geography and local wage and hours laws.
- Experience in selling digital advertising preferred (not required)
- Work on multiple campaigns simultaneously, and under deadline, while being flexible to the client's needs
- Create & sell digital advertising strategies
- Collaborate actively and constructively in a team environment
- Ability to pivot quickly without losing speed, focus, or quality
- Excellent track record of providing clients with custom digital solutions and closing business
- Combination of knowledge and experience equivalent to a B.A. or B.S.
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Sales, or related field.
- A true hunter mentality combined with strong prospecting, planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Digital sales experience including *Social *platforms, SEO/SEM, Targeted Email, *Digital Television* and other offerings preferred
- Conduct deep-dive Client Impact Assessments
- Effective presentation skills, having a persuasive and patient, yet compelling and compassionate approach. You’ll be forging strong relationships with customers and must be able to earn their trust.
- Experience with* HubSpot* or other CRM platform (Daily use required)
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Vehicle insurance is required (at least minimum insurance required for the state in which the employee works).
- This is a full-time position
What we’ll bring:
As a McClatchy employee, you will join a supportive, flexible, collaborative team. McClatchy strives to be an employer of choice, and our benefits package is made with this goal in mind. With a focus on well-being and daily life, our package options include healthcare coverage for employees and their families, financial protection from expected and unexpected expenses, multiple no-cost wellness resources and even coverage for four-legged friends.
Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.
Our impact is growing every day. We have 30 growing news markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of an exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth — a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.