Talent Acquisition Specialist
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to actively recruit top diverse talent. The Talent Acquisition Specialist’s main focus is to find qualified media sales talent for open positions in our regional McClatchy markets. You will develop effective staffing strategies for current and future needs and implement a variety of sourcing techniques to build a qualified and diverse candidate pool. You have strong knowledge of recruitment practices, employment law and the ability to communicate with managers about the evolving skills needed to keep McClatchy competitive.
The location for this position is Kansas City, MO or Fort Worth, TX.
- Build a diverse candidate pool through cold calling, proactive sourcing and identifying active and passive candidates using LinkedIn Recruiter, social media, job boards, internet sourcing, networking, employee referrals, and other technical or creative methods
- Work with hiring managers to ensure hiring process moves forward, interview team preparedness and commitment to hitting hiring goals
- Manage the candidate process, act as a candidate advocate, and utilize the Applicant Tracking System (Jobvite) to efficiently process and track candidates
- Track recruiting goals and metrics for the region
- Participate in various campus recruiting related events
- Propose and assist with implementing ongoing improvements to recruitment efforts
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- 5 years of recruiting experience, preferably for sales and/or advertising positions
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Extensive knowledge of/and experience sourcing and attracting candidates with LinkedIn Recruiter and other candidate sourcing methods and tools
- Knowledge and success in executing a full-cycle recruiting process
- Exceptional customer service focus combined with exemplary follow-through
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proven organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships
- Must be self-directed and work well on a distributed team
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with Gmail and G Suite
- Proficiency with Jobvite